Most Improved Actors From Their Soap Debuts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This probably a more random one since Stone was basically his only acting role, but Michael Sutton.  When he appeared on GH I never would have imagined MS could pull off the story he had both emotionally and physically.  MS was never awful, but grew as an actor so much in 2 years.

Agree with everyone on Ari Zucker as well.

• Members

Exactly.  I think everyone in the story kicked it up a notch as well.  KMc, MB, and to a lesser extent VM all got great material and really shined like they never had before.  You could tell everyone from writers, producers, actors, etc truly cared about telling this story as accurately as possible.  It's honestly a shame MS quit acting because he became such a great talent.

• Members

That probably ought to be a different thread but there is definitely a topic there for "Whatever happened to XXX's acting talent?" 

I always thought KKL was talented. Very green at the beginning, granted. And it didn't help she had to work a lot with Ronn Moss, who clearly didn't elevate any material he is in, on one hand and on the other Joanna Johnson and Susan Flannery who would make most actresses look lame in the most mundane of scenes.

• Members

Did he tell him he was pretty but a shi**y actor too?  lol  Sutton clearly did that all on his own with trained coaches and what not.  Same with Vanessa.  They truly had something in them to improve, but if they are fine with MB taking credit for their improvement that works for me.  Maybe he really is this behind the scenes acting guru that helps others so much he can't find time to remember his own lines.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Sutton and McCullough also credit John Homa for helping them grow tremendously as actors.  I think I recall Jonathan Jackson thanking him at one point too.  Pretty sure he was hired by Riche due to the depth of the material the Stone storyline was going to require.

Maurice may have helped (at least according to all three he did), but I am sure Homa did quite a bit.

No soap story has even broken my heart more than Stone dying of complications from AIDS.  And those actors are a huge part of why.  

• Members

I know Vanessa thanked Homa specifically in her Emmy win (and not Maurice lol).  A lot of actors have said good things about Homa for sure.  Does he still work on GH?

Stone dying still brings me to tears if I watch it and that is really, really rare for me.   I truly can't think of a single actor in the storyline that dropped the ball on it.  Even peripheral actors like Lilly Melgar and Sean Kanan did some great work.