Recasts You Think Could've Worked

• Members

LLC would have been a great recast and she already had an established rapport with Ted King. I love Rena, but her Lois, with that OTT style and Brooklyn accent, was perfect for the Labine era that often had a zaniness  about it. LLC would have been perfect for a darker, grittier Guza world, and I would have loved to have seen her instead of Lesli Kay, who is a strong actress but never really nailed the accent/character and sort of channeled Rena at times.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Jane Wyman (born 1917) and Susan Flannery (born 1939) are of different generations, so that casting doesn't really work. Y&R's original messy wealthy matriarchs Dorothy Green (born 1920), Jeanne Cooper (born 1928), and K.T. Stevens (born 1919) were age-appropriate to be the matriarch on a 1980s primetime soap. 

I thought Cynthia Watros should've been a Patty recast in 2013 instead of the new character Kelly which was a waste of her talent.

• Members

God, I miss Roscoe Born.  That man oozed sex.

Agree.  If anything, I wish Miss Wyman had been around to play Ann Douglas.  No offense to Betty White OR her fans, but I think JW would have knocked it out of the park even further in scenes w/ Flannery.

• Members

I'll never forget his first run as Mitch Laurence on OLTL.  Mitch was probably the most venal character, male or female, ever to appear on a soap.  I mean, there was absolutely nothing redeeming about him from the get-go.  Yet, with Born in the role, Mitch was also the sexiest irredeemable villain, and the most thrilling to watch.  Born, as Mitch, made being an evil s.o.b. look like so much fun; and his chemistry w/ Andrea Evans' Tina was SO scorching that I think some writer (Michael Logan?) said it was the closest soaps ever came to being like an X-rated movie. 

To this day, I recall a scene where the two had sex on a bed covered with money, and the thing is...?  I'm not sure that even happened, but it's something I can see so clearly in my mind's eye that I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Edited by Khan