Recasts You Think Could've Worked

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In another thread poster mentioned instead of recasting Alan Spaulding with Ron Raines, they should've went with Roscoe Born, and ever since I've never been able to unsee such a good casting choice. It would've been amplified if they brought on Hope who would also be recast (Catherine Hickland? Robin Mattson? Julia Barr?). 

Kimberly Mccullough as Michelle Bauer.

Sharon Gabet as Claire Ramsey

Brenda Epperson as Mindy Lewis.

• Members

As has been said before, an Alan/Hope/Buzz triangle, with RM and Justin Deas reuniting from their Santa Barbara days, seems like an obvious idea, as GL had positioned Buzz and Alan as adversaries. I wonder if GL ever reached out to Robin to reprise her role.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Mattson Was Hope on GL from 1976-77

I know Y&R showed Intrest in Kimberly McCullough as a potential Mac recast

Id like to add for GH's Lois, I could  see

Nancy Valen

Wendy Moniz

Lisa Locerio

Nancy McKeon

Meredith Salenger

Colleen Dion

Bellamy Young

Julie Pinson

• Members

For me, Kyle Chandler (of Friday Night Lights fame) always bore a resemblance to Kurt McKinney, so much I could've seen him in the role of Matt Reardon. 
Instead of Robert Bogue, I would've cast Tim Daly (Wings, Madame President, Private Practice) as AC Mallet. 

• Members

I think Charlotte would've nailed Vicky's brash side and Marley's more innocent personality. 

According to her Facebook page she is the creative director of acting for the film department at New York Film Academy in New York City. 

From the Academy's website. 

Amy Van Horne
Creative Director of the Acting for Film Department in New York

Amy Van Horne is an actor, teacher, and professional on-camera audition coach. She holds an MFA from Rutgers University-Mason Gross School of the Arts where she studied under the tutelage of Master Teachers William Esper and Maggie Flanigan. Amy has been a professional film and television actress for over 20 years, working in both LA and New York. Selected film/TV credits include: Cost of Living, The City, The Big Easy, Hitz, Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place, Push, Veronica’s Closet, Family Rules, The Beach Boys: An American Family, Judging Amy, Strong Medicine, Cold Case, and Final Sale. She has also appeared in dozens of national network commercials. Having firsthand knowledge of the many technical challenges actors face working in front of the camera on professional film/TV sets, Amy developed and led on-camera acting technique and scene study classes that she taught for over 10 years in LA. Teaching actors to find freedom on camera became Amy’s passion, and she returned to New York in 2013 to train as a master teacher under her mentor Maggie Flanigan.

• Members

That was me and Cat Hickland was in fact my choice. It was because I dreamed it up in early 2003, when OLTL looked ready to dispose of both actors (who had chemistry).

The thing about Lois is I think it's almost irrelevant to bring her back now with Olivia in place. I love Lisa Lo Cicero to this day despite some of Olivia's dumber stories, she has chemistry with Wally, it's cemented. The main problem is that Lois and Olivia are virtually the same character - they even know each other and come from the same neighborhood. This was touched on briefly by Ron Carlivati when he first paired Ned and Olivia up, but it wasn't really discussed beyond that. And I like Olivia still, I'm fine with having her there, but it's a glaring issue.

The truth is that Lisa should've gotten the Lois recast in the 2000s. I joked not long ago that I wouldn't blink if Olivia left one day, ran off with Johnny Zacchara (they were hot together) and came back as Lois a week later, but it's probably true. This show has done dumber casting in recent years.