Recasts You Think Could've Worked

• Members

Name an actor/tress that you think would work as a recast and why. Might help to list the show and most noteable role each actor *particularly lesser known names* are associated with. 

My list:

Beverlee McKenzie (Alexandra Spaulding GL) as YR's Katherine Chancellor. Same grand dame matriarch energy.

Lisa LoCicero (Olivia GH) as GH's Lois or OLTL's Tea Delgado.

William Shatner as Victor Newman (based off aesthetic alone,lol

Please register in order to view this content

)

Susan Flannery (Stephanie B&B) as Falcon Crest's Angela Channing--or vice versa. They are alike except from I understand Angela is significantly more evil. Grand dame energy, ruthless women with a bitter streak.

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Erika Slezak (ex-Viki, OLTL) as Dr. Laura Horton (DAYS).

Michael E. Knight (ex-Tad, AMC; Martin, GH) as Dr. Mike Horton (also DAYS).

Dame Joan Collins (ex-Alexis, DYNASTY) as Vanessa Bennett (AMC).

Edited by Khan

• Members

Lisa Brown as Brooke English (AMC)

Gillian Anderson as an aged Laura (AMC) had she not died - that's bending the rules, I know

Anna Stuart as Erica Kane

Susan Lucci as Rachel (AW -- even during the redemption). I'd love to see her with Mac

Jeanne Cooper as Iris (AW) seeing her play the pseudo-incest layers with Mac would've been fun.

David Canary as John Abbot (YR)

Jerry Douglas as Joe Martin (AMC)

• Members

I would really like to see what Constance Towers could have done with Alexandra Spaulding.  But ultimately, I don’t think anyone brings all the layers at once that Beverlee did- petulant, vulnerable, deeply committed to family, at times almost desperate and easily disappointed.

• Members

I've said it before, I'll say it again (and again): I would bring Gina Tognoni onto GH in the previously-cursed role of Dr. Sarah Webber. She'd come with a ready-made family (a la the British soaps), a scheming husband and a secret. I'd pair her with Drew the WSB agent. It would play!

• Members

Renee Jones as Olivia on Y&R- of all the potential candidates for a recast (like maybe Amelia Marshall), RJ comes closest to nailing the “easy sweetness with a hysterical edge” contrast that TLW does. 

Lane Davies as Jack Abbott on Y&R - a role swap between him and Terry Lester, he’d have been closer to Lester’s wounded Lothario than Bergman’s more effete matinee idol.

• Members

Wendy Moniz as Felicia Forrester on Bold and Beautiful: She and a young adult Dino move back to LA from Paris to lead the design team at Forrester. While she shows concern for Eric still being married to Quinn and perhaps, she becomes attracted to Bill. 

Jessica Collins or Charlotte Ross as Kristen Forrester Dominguez on Bold and Beautiful: She's not needed on canvas daily. But I think one of them would fit in visiting LA frequently as she checks in on Zende and the rest of the family and the company too. 

I second Gina Tognoni as Dr. Sarah Webber on GH. It would expand the Hardy/Webber family. In addition to her wanting to take over Chief of Staff duties believing a Hardy should be running the hospital again. 

Kim Matula as Serena Baldwin on GH

Jeff Branson as Lucky Spencer on GH

• Members

Until this year the last time I saw Cassandra Creech on daytime was a bit part as a seductive assassin on GH in the 2000s. I remember thinking she was still amazing and being baffled why that show, any show had not snapped her up - I thought she was great on ATWT despite bad material. I'd put her on GH as, say, Simone Hardy opposite her son Tom the doctor any time. Or Keesha Ward, who knows!

• Members

For years, I've thought Robert Newman would be a good Bo Brady recast. Not sure why, but I couldn't picture anyone else. Somehow recasting Bo is like this giant impossibility, even though RKK was Bo to me because I was too young to remember Reckle's first run and he didn't seem that impressive when he returned.