• Members

I love HBS but there is absolutely no chance she could stand in for Kristian Alfonso. Melanie Smith and Lesli Kay would be solid choices if Kristian were, say, dead, but tbh they shouldn't recast the character at all. It is a losing game, possibly even moreso than the Kristen recast.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

#1-I could it see being Days’ Hope as others have stated but I also wonder if it is B&B. “Major character” could mean anything lol with the Buckingham mother now in town I wonder if Zoe would be recast and come back.

#2-I agree that may be about Lamon Archey

#3-Probably Days, unless Y&R is about to clean house. The star is probably a previously dismissed but returned which could be a number of folks.

#4-I think this EB and MTS, joking about how bad the show is

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I would not be surprised that the really positive reaction to her arrival as a recast Taylor is a factor in whichever show opening their mind to recasting another long-time character.

We know that #4 used to apply to Joshua Morrow and Michelle Stafford so this is where my mind went but as everyone said, there are no clues to narrow anything and it could be anyone.

• Members

While is he has been on the CW's All American for the last two seasons, after this season, be no need for him. He plays a high school principal and the main characters are all graduating after this season. He probably was smart to stay on recurring or he would have left already.

Same, there really is no need for Hope. Sometimes fans just need a break from a certain character and let them be off campus for a while. 

Edited by gtru1981

• Members

#1 My first thought was GH - Jason Morgan, but I guess Drew is a de-facto recast.  Then, I went to Y&R because they are the kings of recast (Noah, Chase) and thought maybe Kyle and/or Summer since they are still referenced so often?

#2 I agree with the consensus that it is one of the younger GH cast on recurring due to college, just because it would be so easy to cast someone the same age who is more available.

#3 My bet is DAYS will see lots of exits, and I think Jake and Gabi aka Camila Banus & Brandon Barash (who have both previously received walking papers) will depart given the fact that they were not highlighted within the Marlena possession plot, nor during the Peacock spin-offs, which makes the characters seem expendable.  Plus, the return of EJ and and ascendance of Johnny makes Jake unnecessary.

#4 - I'm going with Arianne Zucker and Galen Gerring because they just think their story is too amusing and can't keep a straight face on set - but I would bet there are no consequences whatsoever because they are both usually pro's on camera.

Edited by j swift

• Members

#1 I'll go with Thorne on B&B. You know Brad Bell likes to hype up returns. Since Taylor's replacement worked so well, he's probably considering more. (And it isn't like the show hasn't had different Thornes before.)

#3 Why would DAYS consider cutting now. A lot of the actors are already recurring and they've been picked up for the two year renewal. I think that would give them a little time before having to address budget issues. B&B doesn't have much of a cast to begin with. So my guess is Y&R since it has been struggling in the ratings. I wouldn't be surprised if Mishael Morgan (Amanda) were let go again. The show doesn't know how to develop and keep talent. Who else? Rey? Mariah? Tess? 

#4 It said "these two", not necessarily a couple. I'd go with DAYS's Galen Gering and Brandon Beemer. I thought I've seen some clips of those two somewhere and they were cracking up trying to get through a scene. Maybe I'm wrong. 

• Members

I may be wrong, but I tend to think producers are not as interested in recasting "classic" characters like Hope or Thorne who were played by actors who left because the roles were so under-served. Which is why my bet is on a younger character who is still key to a storyline but recently left the canvas.

B&B may be the possible exception because they still play the Ridge/Brooke generation as if they were 30somethings, not grandparents. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Well it didn't help that Shawn D made her a grandma at like 42.    She's a former ingenue, but I don't think Marlena suffered with grown children.  But I guess Marlena was never really an ingenue.  Unfortunately for KA the show wasted a lot of years on trying to push John/Hope on and off and then taking away any juicy story to make Bo the father of all her kids so she ended up being so tied to him.

I don't think Hope's role was under-served.  She was wedged into front burner storylines year after year that were awful.  It's not like she didn't have the most guarantees on the cast.

• Members

I was referring to the publicity around Kristian Alfonso's exit when production suggested "resting" the character of Hope because they didn't know what to do with her.

From Entertainment Tonight:

Days of Our Lives alum confessed to being perplexed when the writers decided to take her character off for 4-5 months, but it came as a blessing in disguise, as she took the opportunity to change the course of her life. Alfonso has decided to bid adieu to Days for good and is not planning to make guest appearances. She also shared that Corday had told her that the show would never recast her character.

• Members

Gotcha.  I guess I don't know why KA was personally offended by the show wanting to rest the character.  Hope NEEDED a rest.    I guess it's a slap in the face, but they fired Dee, Drake, Stephen, MBE etc, so it could be worse.  Idk, it sort of sounds like KA was being overdramatic, but if she wants to retire more power to her.  She worked her entire adult life.