Y&R January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Seriously, we have Chelsea who tried to poison Rey, now buddying up to him and walking free??

Josh seems to come up with plots and doesn't have to worry about follow through because he'll pretend it never happened.

Of the top of my head, some plots that would take characters in a new direction.

Imani makes serious moves on Nate, who can't help but be attracted. Build up some tension. Have Elena reconnect with Devon so we can move toward Devon/Nate/Amanda/Elena/Imani. Lots of twists and turns.

Jack returns from NY and tells Phyllis he doesn't want to re-unite. Daniel and Lucy return and Phyllis can be focused on them a while.

Lily tires of Billy's antics and turns to Daniel her ex. Lucy becomes part of a triangle with Faith and Moses.

Nick hooks up with Sally which annoys Adam and Phyllis.

Sharon and Rey team up to investiagate her father and something comes to light that triggers that search.

Chelsea decides she wants to be a part of Johhnys life which causes problems for the Newmans as Billy agrees to it.

After talking to Mariah, Devon realizes he has to pull back from Dom. He wants to experience fatherhood but Amanda is reluctant and confides to Imani she doesn't want children.

Does any of that sound better than what's coming up?

• Members

Can someone clear this up for me, I was reading the Wikipedia article for Victoria and it says that she was raped by her stalker Gary in the treehouse but I don’t recall is happening and if it did I’m not sure it’s been referenced since.

• Members

Hahaha - Vickie sure had a biiiiig mouth back then. I also remember the show to tackle the serious angst and psychological issues Victoria was suffering from due to Gary's stalking and the tree house finale. However, she in my memory also saved before things got REALLY bad. Was it Cole who rescued her? I can't remember.

• Members

I would gladly watch this 5 Days a week if this was carried out on my screen. 

I would also add Johnny and Chelsea become close with the truth of her being his biological mother hanging over them. Meanwhile, Johnny also gets close to Lucy as well as has a rivalry with Connor over her and their place in the family. Somehow the truth of his parentage comes out at Johnny's 16th Birthday party.  

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Maybe Nicholas?  The whole thing is kind of a blur to me, as there weren't any real "surprises" in it.  The Gary Dawson character was pretty quiet and assuming, and Victoria was at her LOUDEST and most STRIDENT then.  I'd kind of hoped that Gary wouldn't turn out to be the stalker, that he and Victoria would develop a relationship, and he'd teach her to be a little quieter and less bossy.  But nope, he was the stalker.  When the duct tape came out, that was the highlight of the storyline, lol.  

• Members

I liked the storyline mostly due to acting of Ricky Paull and Heather Tom. I admit that Gary's boss (?) Ross as the red hearing, scapegoat culprit, was pretty transparent and it was a rather luke-warm surprise when it turned out to be Gary. If I recall right, the inital builup with the magazine shrine wall of Vickie's centerfold being shown in a lot of episodes with some spooky music was cool.

• Members

I personally am not a fan of the “Victor jr” version of Victoria we got from 1999-2001. I know that’s how most fans like to remember Heather Tom in the role,  but it leaves a bad taste on my mouth how she choose to forget how great of a stepdad Jack was to her during those years (and she even alluded this to Victor as well when she was a teenager) and constantly had her fathers back in trying to destroy Jabot. I get it makes sense for the sake of Newman’s vs Abbott’s but Victoria lacked any compassion she use to feel towards Jack. At least Nick sort of came around during that time, though he initially turned against Jack during the Newman takeover.