Y&R and B&B Early 2022 spoilers

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don’t understand why Y&R’s ratings don’t drop *now* of all times when they have in the past. Even people at home due to the pandemic doesn’t quite explain it. It’s holding up much better in the demos than many of its (relatively more entertaining) competitors, so it can’t just be an excess of grannies who don’t know how to work the clicker. It’s actually embarrassing reading those “spoilers,” and I can’t imagine who would be excited by them. Maybe it’s just comfort food? Ambient TV? Familiar faces like Eric Braeden keeping folks company? It’s odd. But they have zero incentive to make changes with the ratings they have.

Why would they make Sally and Chelsea adversaries? Don’t put your bad girls all in one corner. Mix them up with the heroines—Abby, Sharon, Victoria, Lily. Even Phyllis made some sense as a rivalry with Sally, but they’ve dropped that.

• Members

I feel like that's at least half the story on their current ratings. There's always been an element of that with soaps in the daytime of course, with people working in the home, but now more than ever.

Edited by Vee