Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Both Ava's intro and the beginning of John as RoboJohn was good.  Both stories honestly had potential.  I don't really remember the pairing very well, but I do remember the back and forth between Marlena and John was extremely repetitive and tiresome.  I did enjoy snarky RoboJohn though. 

Anyway, I enjoyed TB's first run as Ava a lot, but she has no purpose now.   I don't even know how to fix her at this point.  She really doesn't fit on the canvas.

• Members

I really enjoyed today's episode. Sometimes Ron Carlivati gets it right lol

This is what the possession needed to be from the very beginning. John facing down the demon with the medal and fighting him off was campy, and Drake was hammy but I wasn't laughing. It wasn't the kind of camp that Ron is accustomed to: that stupid, silly crap. This was more the shade of JER and I really liked that. And it was nice to see that everyone was still able to hang the ornaments on the tree despite everything that happened. It sent a nice message to the audience lol

And yeah, I know a lot of you don't like Missy Reeves, but I'm glad Jennifer's back. She was desperately needed in the whole Abby/Gwen storyline. And the shorter hair looked good.

If it were me, I'd probably write her, and Rafe, off

• Members

I find Carrie/Austin more exciting although that's mostly because of Carrie.  Austin and Shawn are similar, but Carrie is more exciting than Belle even though I admit they are similar as well.  Just Carrie/Sami's dynamic alone makes Carrie > Belle.  

To be clear, Shawn/Belle deserve to be on the show and used more, but they just don't do much for me. 

John fighting the Devil was fantastic lol.  That's the entertaining camp I need because Drake sure takes this Mardevil thing seriously and he is not afraid to give it his all.  I actually think these type of stories work to Drake's 'strengths' because he can just let it all go. 

• Members

It was... Today's show was one hot mess. Where do I begin? It was just horrible. I was laughing through most of the episode. Ben at the Horton house putting up the angel not once but twice to Abby being nice to him and to top it off showing Ben's ornament and not Will who is an actual Horton was the icing on the cake.

I didn't need to see Mrs. Chick til a either. I preferred Cady.

At least MR didn't look like Irene Ryan.

• Members

I created a great story for Ava. I created a story where she becomes bad again and steals basic black, Gabi Chic and Countess Wilhemina Cosmetics from Dimera and Kiriakis empires along with their fortunes.

this would include the help of Tyler and Sydney who are aged to teenagers and hate their family names.

The thing is, Shawn and Belle just need someone to write for them, how JER wrote for Carrie and Austin back in the 1990s.

no one seems to write for them. Give them a good and juicy storyline and they wouldn’t be boring. 

• Members

Shawn/Belle were written for ad nauseum for years.  I agree they deserve story now, but they burned through about 10 plus years of stories in about 2 years back in the day.  It's not like they have always been criminally ignored as a couple.   I just don't think they are leading couple material, but they are more interesting than half the couples on the show.  Obviously that's faint praise though lol.

Y'all are being so hard on the devil stuff today.  I thought it was hilarious and entertaining.  

Missy's hair looks good like that and that's all I have to say about Jen.