Actors who looked like members of their soap families (and those that didn't)

• Members

Yes, that's her. Of course the hair color didn't match KKL's, but her facial features are similar, especially compared to late 80s KKL. Jennifer Finnigan had a thinner face and was quite pale, whereas Ashley Jones always looked like a doe with her big eyes. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OLTL - Karen and Jenny Wolek are good examples of sibling resemblance in casting

230 One Life To Live ideas | one life, soap opera, life

Right down to their matching smeared mascara from constantly crying

Their previous iterations looked like siblings, but not from a family descendant from Polish immigrants

Please register in order to view this content

Karen #1

Jenny # 1

Edited by j swift

• Members

Oh yeah, LOL, Nick and Jackie as mother and son! That was absolutely ridiculous. Jackie must have had Nick when she was in kindergarten.

And the blonde curly-haired Phoebe was not at all believable as Ridge and Taylor's daughter.

Other than that, I think there have been a lot of good matches on B&B.

Taylor and Steffy (HT and JMW) I think looked like they could be mother and daughter. The eyes, the hair, the facial features.

JY's Rick and AB's Bridget looked believable in the late 90s as Brooke and Eric's children (although they were more like Brooke than Eric).

CD's Felicia and RM's Ridge looked like brother and sister. The hair and the cheek bones.

Original Donna and Katie could definitely pass for sisters.

Sally and Macy were also believable as mother/daughter - about the same height, low-pitched voices, and something about the facial structure, especially about the nose and eyes (I remember this one scene where Macy's face morphed into Sally's face and they were virtually identical).

MC's CJ looked like a believable blend between Sally and Clarke.

Sheila and teenage Mary Warwick (CD) were also very believable as mother and daughter.

• Members

On ATWT, although I preferred Julianne Moore's Frannie over Mary Ellen Stuart's Frannie, Moore looked nothing like her mother played by Gillian Spencer but, in my opinion, Stuart looked just like her (especially when Spencer had blonde hair). However, Kim Onasch definitely looked like she could have been Julianne Moore's niece. Also, the baby who played Adam looked like it could have been Benjamin Hendrickson's real life baby. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

GH: Jacob Young/Greg Vaughn didn’t looked nothing like Laura/Luke’s kid.

JJ on the other hand was spot on.

Both Lulu actresses Julie and Emme were spot on aswell. They really looked like Laura and Luke’s daughter!

AMC: I loved Jacob Young as Dixie’s son but sometimes he looked way too old. 

• Members

Oh, one that I forgot...

B&B, the storyline with Jake's abuse in 1991 where the major plot twist was how Jake mistook his uncle for his father. The casting of Jake's father and Jake's uncle - AMAZING. They managed to find two actors so similar in looks and voice that this major plot point didn't take any suspension of disbelief at all. They looked like fraternal twins.

• 2 weeks later...