Actors who looked like members of their soap families (and those that didn't)

• Members

Families have always been the bedrock of soaps so just about everyone is a member of a family or has onscreen siblings.

Who are some actors who are really believable looks wise as members of the same familly?

And who did you never buy as being related?

Of course, in real life, some family members look totally different so there's that...

The first that came to mind for me were Carl and Paul Williams on Y&R. I wonder if that was a consideration when they cast the role of Carl in 1980?

Brett HadleyThe-Young-and-the-Restless-Paul-Williams

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think we have had this topic before, but I always thought Marlena's kids looked like Deidre Hall.   Ali Sweeney, Kirsten Storms, Martha Madison, and Jensen Ackles all were believable as Marlena's kids and Christie Clark and Kyle Lowder were believable as their half siblings.   ORK's Claire looks a lot like MM too.  

Paul and EM's Brady have very similar mannerisms to Drake and I buy both of them as John's sons. ]

AM and ER looked a lot like Susan Lucci.

SK and SBu as AJ and Jason Q-I don't know if that counts because they are some sort of cousins IRL.

JMB always looked like what I'd picture Luke/Laura's daughter to look like.

Anyhow, there are a lot of families on soaps that don't look alike, but I will say my pick will always be Brenda and Julia Barrett.  There is no way they are even half sisters lol.

• Members

Going WAY back here, but, on Santa Barbara, I always thought that Nancy Lee Grahn's Julia and Louise Sorel's Augusta believably looked like sisters. And I think Carrington Garland's Kelly and Marcy Walker's Eden almost looked eerily alike, which worked, since the characters were also sisters.

• Members

I agree with all of those and add Nicolas Coster and John Allen Nelson as Lionel and Warren Lockridge. Not only did they eerily look alike, they also sounded alike. No way would Warren's reconned paternity work if JAN still been playing the role in 1991.

Harley Kozak and Tricia Cast looked enough alike to be believable sisters Mary and Christie Duvall. The actress who played their mother looked like both of them.