Onscreen all the time and we liked it

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I knew it was him pretty quickly, when he started mentioning the Outback and Cartullo. Then he went so far as to talk about 'what Tracy did to my sister.'

When the L&L2 set were still teens/young adults in the late '90s/early 2000s, I wanted Sly to return as a Cassadine mole, angry at the Spencers for 'abandoning' him. C'est la vie.

• Members

I recently found an article that I didn't save but will try to find that mentioned Search hit 4,171 episodes and Mary hit around 3200 at the same time. So I guess that at least gives an idea of how much she appeared during the first 15 years (approx)

• Members

What did Cartullo have to do with it?  I can't remember.  

I think in theory Luke being Bill could have been interesting, but it would be way too difficult to keep it secret since everyone he interacted with was off screen and largely forgotten at the time.  And he needed those people to make the story motivation work.

• Members

I think it was as simple as it being a vague Barrett/Eckert linkage bc of the Brenda angle.

I think they'd intended to have the Jenny, Julia, etc. appearances to cement it. I could've gotten onboard with an Evil Bill storyline, but the way it was told from beginning to end, even before the rewrite, was so silly and poorly done. 

• Members

Isn't there a fairly strong Jerome family link with Bill too or am I crazy?   It was all very silly and awful, but for some reason I think it could have worked I am just not sure how exactly.  I think there are enough pieces there and if they brought Julia in and then Jenny, Paul, maybe a Brenda cameo it could have connected a lot of the canvas.  I have never, ever been a big Luke fan, but that exit was just awful.

• Members

I know it’s unpopular opinion but I actually loved every minute of Zimmer as Reva on GL…..well except for that crap story with Noah, that was baaaad, really dreadful. But overall I enjoyed it even though I know her airtime and dumb stories definitely rubbed the wrong I felt Zimmer sold it all. Also enjoyed Laura Wright’s Cassie as well.

• Members

Trying to figure out if she is the record-holder. 
Because her work load slightly slowed down later it may not. Her ratio of appearances based on those numbers for the first 15 years would be 0.767.

I figured it'd be easier to find if someone approached that pace if I looked at dead soaps.

I first thought of Sunset Beach that did tend to overexpose a handful of characters. But the record-holder for that show isn't who I thought it would be: Clive Robertson as Ben (and Derek) appeared in 571 of 755 episodes, a ratio of 0.756 just a tad under her albeit obviously for a MUCH shorter length of time (under three years).
The numbers for Passions are not full (this is based on imdb but imdb has the full count as 1608 episodes vs 2235 actual episodes). But get this: Lindsay Hartley appeared in 1238 of those 1608 episodes for a ratio of 0.769. Technically, she beats Mary Stuart!
I still think MS is the record-holder by virtual of her run being much longer but, to the surprise of no one who watched, Theresa was on all the time.

The episode count for other series is definitely wrong so it only gives a sample of how much people were on. For Loving for instance, Lisa Peluso has the most but it is a bit less than half of the time (which considering she joined the cast only halfway through would be a hint she was on a lot while she was there however).
Ryan's Hope is missing a third of its episode count on IMDB too but for those they have Nancy Addison is the record holder, again roughly half of the time.

Really wish we had more exact numbers coz this is, dare I say it, fun.