Onscreen all the time and we liked it

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm currently watching Dark Shadows and it becomes really obvious at some points that they're restricted by having max six characters talk on screen due to budget contraints (there's been one - maybe two times where they've exceeded that in the ~660 episodes I've watched so far). Obviously Moltke was very favoured before she left the show since she was technically the lead, but another thing that becomes very obvious is how other characters stay weeks - or even months off screen at the time, usually explained away with "having been on a business trip" or I guess having been somewhere in the house the whole time.

I'm guessing that the focus on one character became quite natural though when soaps were Winsor-esque morality plays focusing on "X's search for human dignity and compassion". I imagine that Vanessa Dale (as a character on Love of Life) must be up the Mary Stuart's Jo in terms of ratio.

• Members

I think he’s done for anything other than a small guest stint. He’s married and living in Amsterdam and seems happy there. I could see him coming back for a day or two if JJ’s Lucky came back (which itself seems near impossible) or if/when the show ends. But fully agree I loved Luke right up until the early 2000s and then I detested him.

To add to the list of characters I never minded taking over all the screen time, I loved Eden’s Bianca on AMC until about 2005. Felt the exact opposite about Babe. 

• Members

GH during the early 80's: Alan, Monica, Rick and Leslie. They were heavily on air most of the time and i always enjoyed them. Especially Alan! Even if he would just walk by and smile or say hello i would be fine with it

Please register in order to view this content

Alan will always be my favorite character of GH

On B&B: Ron Moss as Ridge. People bash him for no reason these days even though he helped to make this show popular internationally. I never minded seeing him and enjoyed his chemistry with the other cast members

• Members

His husband had tagged him in some pics on Instagram last year. If you search his name as a tag you can still find them. 

Has JJ said he will come back full time or are we talking about one off days here and there? I’m surprised as he moved his family to Ireland. 

• Members

What's interesting with DS is how some things just happen off screen - like David befriending Adam. It didn't happen on screen - but if we didn't have the full run preserved I think people would've totally told it like he had done that on screen since our memories are malleable. It's interesting to think about how much of those classic storylines/moments that people talk about on soaps actually happened off screen.