General Hospital October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sasha has been 38 weeks pregnant for 10 weeks now. Why is Gladys involved in the baby story?

"Facts are facts. The law was broken." Huh? What law? Nina didn't commit a crime. This is so stupid. Could Michael be more boring and lame?

I wasn't into "Mike" and Nina, but I have to say that I'm starting to hop on the Sonny/Nina train. Please tell me that Sonny is going to do something to get the charges dropped. I would LMAO!

• Members

What a God awful turn this story has taken!  Sonny, the "patriarch is sitting still while this is going on around him.  Never the sharpest knife and always the laziest but even he should know its time to stand up.  How could any judge entertain this frivolous legal action, especially when it's not even coming from the so called victim?  

Instead of Sonny walking in on Jarly, a kangaroo trial was the better bet?   I'm sure Benard didn't want Sonny "cuckolded".  Are they going to use Sonny's bipolar as an excuse so that he is not held accountable for doing absolutely nothing to find his family?

The drama was right there!  I'm so disgusted at how bad all of this truly is.  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

10-12

Dare it if you all weren't right!!!

They struck gold with Trina and Spencer. And where I'm at right now, my gut is saying due to the new recurring status, they are giving all of Trina's story over to Joss and I'm not liking it. Especially after the chemistry full confrontation scenes between Spencer and Trina at Wyndemere.

Meanwhile...why do I keep feeling that Sonny is going to have a Mike moment and sleep with Nina? I do like the writers are not letting that go and seem to want to get into the deep layers him being away would be. And happy to see Phyllis.

Yes, I like CM's Drew. And jealous that at 52 that body is really on point in all of the right places unexpectedly. I do not like that the storyline appeared to derail so many others, but I cannot say that I'm not enjoying the built.

• Members

Hearing Michael say "A law has been broken" when the male role models/father figures in his life are a mob boss and a contract killer. And that his own mother took over a mob organization while Nina's "law-breaking" was taking place.

I mean... It is Carly-level of high-and-mighty hypocrisy so I guess it is somewhat in character but this makes me hate Michael so deeply that I'd take zzzzz scene between him and Willow over it in an instant.
It is at the point where if I was giving them more credit than I do, it seems they are really trying to make Nina as sympathetic as they possibly can - and Carly/Michael as unsympathetic - so that the backlash when they do finally go there with Sonny/Nina (and clearly they are going to) is as small as possible.

But then I read reactions on YT or other social media and the Sonny/Carly crowd clearly thinks this is vindication! So what do I know? They might be playing this stupidity straight.
Or trying to give CW another brilliant courtroom speech to parallel the past since I would assume she is a shoo-in for at least Emmy pre-noms next week. Who knows?

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I wouldn't... actually mind that.

I am not super fond of force-feeding characters from a show into another show - it annoys fans of the still-alive show AND often ruins the characters for the fans of the dead one (see ATWT killing off AW characters that I would have much preferred to imagine being somewhere out there living their lives).
BUT a cameo by Nora in a professional capacity could be fun.

• Members

Yeah 

Yeah as much as I love these characters and actors*resses, I don't think it worked and I don't think it would work.
I was more bothered as an OLTL fan for the way they added things I don't like to the characters' off-screen continuity than I was as a GH watcher but either way I don't want them to bring characters wholesale. 

But cameos in a non-story capacity like Nora acting as a lawyer? Why not?
I hated HATED what ATWT did killing off Vicki and Jake rather than let them be out there but Cass' cameos were fun enough. So I am good with them doing it this way.

Edited by FrenchBug82