50 years of soaps: An All-Star Celebration (1994)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You’re welcome.

Please register in order to view this content

This is from my YouTube soap channel. I missed this the night it aired and a fellow soap fan from Montana IIRC was lovely enough to send me this back in the age of tape trade. She did an awesome Pause/Record job of editing out the commercials (not that I would have minded now vintage commercials).

• Members

I used to tape trade a great deal many years ago, and one thing that always made my teeth ache, LOL, was how terribly some people edited out the commercials. They would leave some ads in, or cut out sections of program content by mistake, etc. I started to prefer it when new traders told me that the original commercials had been left in their tapes. Of course, when folks actually did do a good job of slicing out the ads, it was great. 

We really are fortunate to have youtube and other internet sites where we can store and share vintage material without worrying about videotape deterioration. I try to conserve all the "essentials" to flashdrives now. Stuff does disappear without warning from the internet, alas.

• Members

Yes indeed, and I hope someone out there is saving all my stuff because if my page ever gets shut down it’s gone for good. The main reason why I started uploading to YouTube was to get rid of all those damn VHS tapes. A move and a much busier schedule has put me on an extended pause, but I still have a trunk of tapes to upload, mostly ‘90s stuff.

• Members

Youtube being delete-happy is a major problem, and the reason why I started to download and save all my favorite material to flashdrives. Of course, it's not possible to save EVERYTHING that way, but I try to preserve what's most important to me. Unfortunately, some of my flashdrives have mysteriously become corrupted and therefore unplayable over the last few years, which meant that I lost the irreplaceable material on them. It's so discouraging.

That seems to happen to all of us, LOL!