General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I haven’t watched GH on a daily basis in many many years but Spencer and Trina have sucked me back in. Whoever compared them to an iconic 90s couple is right on - at least they have the potential for that. I haven’t been this excited about a teen soap couple since original Lucky and Liz. I hope the writers take care with them. 

Edited by Nixor

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, Laura was not really there for Esme. She also pointedly mentioned how she hoped that Esme enjoyed sleeping in the guest room the prior night, lol. She doesn't want her living with Spencer. I do think it's amusing that Spencer was talking about offering her a room in Wyndemere. I wonder what Esme's family situation is like. I wonder if her parents are in the picture or what's going on there. Laura did ask Spencer about them today, but we didn't really get much information about her family. I also noticed Spencer looking and smiling at Trina at Kelly, though she acted like he wasn't really there. She was like "See ya, Bye" right after he showed up, lol. 

I hope we start to get more Brook Lynn and Chase scenes. We really haven't gotten much of them together lately. Chase has been spending more time with Austin. It's time for Chase to confide in Brook Lynn more, including about Michael and Willow's affair and for them to grow closer. Chase deserves some good romance in his life not to be mistreated by Willow and Michael. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Yeah, I think it will be interesting to find out more about his relationship with Esme. He did mention today that he originally thought she was too "cool" for him. Like he felt he she wouldn't want to be with him. But maybe she found out about his family and that was a big reason why she gravitated towards him. I do think she really cares about him, though I see her becoming really unhinged over him. I wonder how much he may care or cared about her. It does seem like he told her quite a bit about his family. At least about Nikolas and Ava. And maybe he told her the stuff about Joss too & the Corrinthos family business.

Inserting Esme into the mix as Spencer's current girlfriend is an interesting obstacle for Sprina. I think she could have also worked as a ex girlfriend who came to town to try and rekindle things with him. Or even someone who he decided to take a break from. But they have her as a current girlfriend and someone that Spencer is still choosing to be in a relationship with the for the time being. I am interested in seeing how everything plays out, especially when she starts to notice that him and Trina have feelings for each other. I could actually possibly see her befriending Trina in the meantime, which could make things even more complicated. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

These rallies and protests often lead to violence (one in LA last week led to stabbings and multiple assaults), and are stocked with the likes of the Proud Boys. It tells you a lot about modern soaps that his bosses will turn a blind eye. 

• Members

They could can Ingo and just reuse old Jax scenes and nobody would even notice. He's been having the same one scene with Carly about Josslyn's safety for months now. Or he could just disappear without an explanation... I doubt anyone would notice that either, since it would affect nothing!

• Members

Ingo finally got himself trending on Twitter, but not because anyone cares about Jaxass. 

Please register in order to view this content

If GH wants us to believe that this current mob war is so dangerous, there needs to be a casualty. I nominate Jax. The fallout of his death would create far more drama than him being on the show ever does.