• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And I've said this before, but I don't think the ratings drop can be blamed only on the decline in quality. Of course the Neilson ratings are going to be down when you create so many different ways for fans to watch at their own convenience. 

And the fact that NBC keeps putting out there how well Days does on the app, I think proves that

• Members

Linear television is overall dying. Shows that would've been pulled after one episode five years ago now get renewed. The CW is basically a showcase for shows you can stream on either Netflix, HBO Max or CBS All Access. I assume in the future all networks will function more like that.

• Members

That's how I feel about it too - DAYS was my first soap and although I've long loved others along the way, namely AW and Y&R, and to a lesser extent AMC and B&B, I have a soft spot for DAYS and give it a leeway that I cannot give the others. 

As much as Corday is a problem, I also know he is a driving force for keeping the show on the air. 

I hope the production budget wasn't decimated further - the recent new sets have given me some hope. 

• Members

Yeah. It is his parents' legacy, so I don't see him giving up without a fight. He always said he's determined to make it to 60 years. I think he just needs to sometimes reject some of Ron's story projections, and probably get a new co-EP

• Members

I think Days is more successful than we think. It’s ratings are on par with some of the primetime shows they have and add in good streaming numbers and it’s probably good for NBC. The issue is Sony. Sony needs to do more with the Days property in terms of selling it internationally and getting the past episodes streaming and they should’ve been doing DVD sets for years. That’s money that they’re just sitting on and why Corday sued them. 

With this two year renewal I hope Corday works with Peacock (which is looking for hits) to do affordable spin offs. Those things they did on the Days app could easily be expanded into 8-10 episode hour long spin offs and I’m sure they would cost a fraction of the shows they’re doing now. These soaps can still be profitable and relevant they just need to put a little effort in.