• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Glad to hear this, the pandemic brought me back to Days to watch more often. I was about to write the show off for good with this latest round of negotiations tbh so I’m glad Days has been renewed for two years instead of the usual one with all the drama involved.

• Members

Same. The last time I felt any optimism for a soap’s survival was unfortunately  GL’s in 2009 which by that point I complacent and assumed at the end of the day GL would still get renewed despite the usual worriedness as I had grown accustomed to.

• Members

Why?

It takes a rare kind of incompetence to lose nearly half million viewers during a global pandemic year when everyone was in front of their TV and screens.  But Ron, Albert and Ken did it.  

Edited by RavenWhitney

• Members

Which shows gained an audience beyond the initial co-vid bump last year?

I assume that most "bumps" these days will also just show up on streaming either way. Most people I know haven't watched broadcast in the past year - they've been binging available shows.

• Members

Toups just posted May 3rd week ratings comparing total households to the same week a year ago. Days was the only show that didn't go into reruns; it had no soap competition for weeks. That was an unprecedented situation and yet in the last year they've lost 417,000 viewers. See below:

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 3,270,000 (+50,000/+929,000)
2. B&B 2,766,000 (+133,000/+932,000)
3. GH 2,216,000 (+113,000/+78,000)
4. DAYS 1,576,000 (-41,000/-417,000)

Edited by RavenWhitney

• Members

With Days being renewed for two more years, that means on Monday January 30, 2023, Days will have had a longer run than Guiding Light on US network television.

As of today, the 10 longest running daytime dramas on US network television are General Hospital, Guiding Light, Days, As the World Turns, Y&R, One Life to Live, All My Children, Search for Tomorrow (both CBS years and NBC years), Another World, B&B.

Edited by kalbir