B&B May 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In all fairness, B&B has always had a tendency to give heavy focus on one storyline at a time per a run of episodes then switch to another story and so forth. I wish they would run two storylines at a time - instead of the main storyline plus random character discussing what might be happening in the main storyline - but that has been Bell's style for eons now

It had actually never occurred to me it could be budgetary but now that you say it it makes sense: if you run one storyline over the course of, say, a week's worth of episodes, you can just bring in the three or four characters involved and record several episodes at once and save money and allow the infamously-comfortable schedule of the show for the actors.

Better mix-and-match would be better (not to mention it would lessen the impression that things happen at breakneck speed) but it is particularly frustrating when the one storyline doesn't work and we have to endure only that one for a week

• Members

Agreed

They could do so much with this storyline. Instead of watching Bill/Liam or Hope/Liam have the same conversation over and over, they could weave Thomas and Wyatt or other characters and add new dynamics to the storyline

• Members

I'm not complaining about B&B...Yes, I think the soap used to be better. Yes, I think the dialogs are too repetitive and many other problems.

But it's still better than what I've seen the last 2-3 years. Vinny's storyline is different from the usual love triangles. I get to see SC and DD in something other than waffling between 2 women. The acting is really good. I think the storyline is going to get more interesting in the coming weeks. So far it looks boring but there are supposed to be twists and surprises... I hope we get a very soapy twist no one saw coming... at least that's what Bell promised.

The Quinn/Carter affair changes us from the usual one-night-stands or emotional affairs. The 2 actors have chemistry. They took the betrayal to the ongoing affair level, which is something we haven't seen since Brooke/Deacon. They aren't dragging things out at all, it's actually moving fast. The reveal  and the fallout will be huge.

• Members

I don't even mind 1 storyline for a 30 min soap but switch up the repetitive dialogue, or maybe add 1 more plot.

I know B&B moves plots quickly but I did not expect the Liam admission so soon.

Noticing that the characters don't talk in code, they outright state things in private conversations: "I killed Vinny", "I cheated on Eric with Carter". Like what if someone overhead you

Please register in order to view this content

?? It would be easy to catch characters like Liam and Quinn on a wire.

Edited by ironlion