ALL: Characters with “Inappropriate” Sexual Chemistry

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The fact that Claudia retroactively became his mom later made it that much weirder lol.  What a bizarre re-write.  SJB is barely 5 years older than BB lol.

What about Kristen/Tony from Days?  The actors weren't blazing hot together or anything, but no one in town found it creepy they were step-bro/sis.  I know it's all strangely retconned now or something, but both Kristen and Tony called the same man dad and got married.  That's effing wrong.  And no one really cared about that.

• Members

Honestly, I can't remember if I suspected she was Johnny's mother.  They just seemed odd.  But the whole family dynamic was dysfunctional.  I don't remember who Johnny's dad was.  But I do remember things like Johnny saying he was 6 when Claudia was sent away at 16, so I probably didn't suspect it lol.

• Members

Johnny's dad turned out to be a rival mob boss who raped her, I believe. Anthony let a business partner turn her out. But when she was alive I frankly suspected Anthony had raped Claudia himself and that Johnny was their son. The quasi-incestuous vibe was very strong with Sarah Brown and Brandon Barash, yes, but it was also clear to me she took a profound maternal interest in him. I remember hearing spec about all of the above in those days.

• Members

I looked it up it was Gino Soleito.  When the show was doing that City crossover stuff with Tracey.  I really wanted to say Trevor Lansing or Joe Scully, but I was off.  They all were kind of involved around that era.   But, anyhow, poor Claudia.  Her life was really messed up.

• Members

I've been saying on Twitter that it is time to age up Daniel's daughter Lucy to come stay with Grandma Phyllis. I wouldn't mind a stint or two from Daniel. Though I wonder if Michael Graziadei would want to do it? Then again he is about to have twins in real life so maybe he wouldn't mind the work?! 

• Members

I know. I liked Claudia and Johnny a lot and their SLs started off intriguingly (also BB had really strong sexual chemistry with just about every woman on the show -- with the notable exception of Julie Marie Berman. That anti-chemistry was ROUGH).

After a while, though, the stuff they were putting Claudia through bordered on the exploitative, misogynistic and cruel. And the way she was killed off and her body dumped in the woods, whew. 

• Members

I wouldn't call it chemistry exactly, but the short-lived pairing of Craig & Dani on ATWT was wrong on many, many levels.

Around the same time, the show had brought on Laurence Lau to romance both Lucinda and her grandson, which, though carried by good actors, always made me uncomfortable as well (I guess that was the point, but still)

• Members

I actually thought what was done with Claudia's exit was pretty true to mob life, and a daring thing to show on a soap. The problem, as always, was that the entire show angled around the mob and misogyny at that point and treating Sonny and Jason as the heroes at all costs - what they did, what they'd raised and driven Michael to do and forced him to cover up, was all good drama but it retained them as the stars of the show with a moral compass largely absolving them. Until Guza got bored with her there was an attempt to make Claudia a tragic, flawed hero too, after getting a kid shot in the head.

Yes, supposedly they'd planned to reintroduce a few Soleitos and maybe Carla. It never happened.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Jack and Sally on the Young & Restless.  He is old enough to be her dad.  Peter Bergman is 36 years older than Courtney Hope.  I wish the writers would ship Sally back to LA.  She doesn't belong on this show at all.  She keeps sabotaging herself.  Her scenes with anyone are painful to watch.