• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes. The legal liability for doing that would be huge.
Playing it once without authorization might be a mix up. But keep doing it after the owner of the copyright asks them to stop? No way a big corporation would take such a legal risk considering how much of a gimme a legal case it would be for the victim.

Which also brings up: if that was the case, it would have been an easy legal case for him to make for a lot of money. Why would he have done nothing about it? 
Show-business can be shady but I don't believe this story as told. There has to be more to it.

• Members

It's a strange thing to bring up 40 years later lol.  There has to be more to the story.  Maybe he didn't get paid, but GH's use of it helped it become popular, therefore helped record sales.  Idk, it seems like the actual use of it on GH and the popularity and eventual record sales would be worth more than royalties from a soap opera?  I guess ideally he'd get both, but GH certainly doesn't have the money to pay him now lol

• Members

The easy guess is that his record label owned the rights to the song/master tape, hence could license it to ABC. If there's money to be paid, then corporations are going to go after it. I'm sure Cross got paid in royalities, but maybe didn't receive a direct check from ABC.

Plus, his label were likely glad to get the exposure, but I can imagine that his management (and himself) wasn't thrilled with the idea of him becoming some singer best known for putting out songs about fictional characters after Arthur's Theme (ironically, it was his last hit single).

• Members

On Monday 4/12 and well...at least it appears to be picking up again.

But REALLY?? They let Peter do THAT. A great cliffanger for Friday. And got a reaction for sure. 

Here for Liz having doubts. Here for a Scotty/Jason teamup (with some Dr. O on the side). And I guess they are going with that SORAS Spencer. Of course by doing that I am going to suspect he is behind who is terrorizing Ava. 

YASSSS, ANNA!!! TAZER THAT CREEP!!! Though...that look on Peter's face was out of the B&B Liam School of Reactions.

So...they are going there. Sasha is gone so it will be a Michael/Willow/Chase triangle. It has not bored me as much as others, but I hope it brings out the Q in Michael again which we have not seen since he disowned Sonny and Carly. 

• Members

9-13-21

OH? So this is the voice you all were talking about with Peter. Yeeeah that is like nails on a chalkboard. Not scary at all, but it makes me want to slap him a la Cher and tell him to snap out of whatever is making him sound like that. 

That said...at least WR is committing to playing Peter as the villain. Fully. Now KILL HIM OFF. LOL. 

There's a lot of great individual scenes going on that I'm liking. But whoever decided to make Portia look more homely need to quit downplaying her beauty. 

I admit I love that they have been slowly playing this beat with Chase realizing he does not feel well while the other characters are slowly realizing what Peter done in that regards. I can't say I am not curious to see where it goes.

On a shallow note, BrookLynn's bodyguard...HELLO!!! It made me miss the days of when Sonny would always have a bodyguard on Carly and how she used to hate that.