Harry and Meghan Interview with Oprah

• Members

Personally, I don’t believe Meghan either. Many people in the UK saw her up front for months. Disrespecting protocols and essentially marketing herself for publicity.  I think she lied a lot about a lot of things. People with personality disorders lie about a lot of things for attention and sympathy. Sharon shouldn’t be fired for stating her opinion otherwise what’s the point of The Talk. And I doubt Meghan ever had plans to stay in the UK. She used the Royal family for fame and monetary opportunities in Hollywood, hence the interview. 

Edited by Soap-princess

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

While this is not the thread to talk about it, I will say that I also live in the UK and I never saw any disrespect for any protocols or anything like that - if anything Harry and Meghan were what the Royal Family should have been aiming towards in terms of their future. On the other hand, I certainly did witness the UK media basically treat Meghan more negatively than Kate on things that both ladies did, and I think it’s great that the tabloid media in the UK have been exposed the way they have.

The Royal Family are not and have never been beyond reproach, no matter how much a section of the UK public wants to romanticise them and fantasise that they are still ruling over a great empire.

• Members

Someone in the UK needs to explain to me because I don't understand, why Meghan is so offensive (outside of the obvious) but Prince Andrew who is a pedophile, well his actions are accepted.  You're talking about protocols when there is a child rapist in the family like it's just another day.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

He's been accused and was frequently in the company of Epstein.  And there is proof that he was on Epstein Island several times. One of the young women who accused him was 14 and said she was molested by he and Epstein.  He has also REFUSED to be interviewed by the FBI. But hey he's the Queens son so lets target the black lady and stick his crimes on page 25. Just like they dusted WIlliam's affairs out of the papers entirely.

• Members

Sharon's opinion of Meghan was not the issue, Sharon basically attacks Cheryl Underwood on whether Pierce Morgan was racist , and whether she was for defending him

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

And not just that piece of s-h-i-t but Epstein's procurer and galpal, Ghislane Maxwell. I recall seeing a photo with Andrew smiling with the both of them. And yet Fergie was considered the troubled half of that duo. Okaaaaaay.

• Members

While many people may be tweaked by him, I thought this video had some interesting insights into the nature of power and privilege and some humans seeming need to codify and enshrine these aspects in other humans, like the monarchy.

I guess my question has always been why this is, especially in an age in which we are supposed to be so enlightened as a species.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Because embedding video using a cell phone is a drag!

• Members

As you said, these conversations were all happening long before everything with Meghan, but she essentially represents a very harsh reminder of how far removed the family is from them, and always will be. 

Meanwhile, the future of the monarchy is being represented by conveniently timed PR articles about William being the sexiest bald man...