Disney+: WandaVision

• Members

Thanks, @Vee . I have mixed feelings about that decision - I think they could have worked Strange in in a way that would not have seemed like him being her savior and chastiser, or becoming all about him - but I can understand the idea and appreciate that they wanted to give Wanda her own voice. I will say if they were concerned about white optics, then I find myself even more in the camp that feels they didn't quite do enough at the end with the Monica and Wanda relationship to avoid racial tropes.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

WandaVision Agatha Spinoff Starring Kathryn Hahn Eyed at Disney+ [Report]

I guess this could be where Agatha's link to the Fantastic Four/Franklin Richards could be explored. Franklin, of course, is classically a mutant (f.uck that sh!t Dan Slott pulled in the comics last year). By then, we should hope the word "mutant" is a thing in the MCU. 

• Members

I'm hoping they will do this rather than just use the "Loki" template for her (which worked but would feel redundant if done over and over. There's a lot to explore with Agatha. I'm glad they saw this, even if I know her becoming such a big fan favorite/social buzz creator was likely the key. 

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Joe Locke, one half of the adorable gay couple at the heart of Heartstopper on Netflix and a very notable dead ringer for the grown version of Wanda's gay son Billy/Wiccan in the comics, is joining the Agatha spinoff.

If nothing else, that cast's recent experiences with insanely entitled and toxic fans over a very sweet little show will prepare Locke for the stans of the MCU.

Meanwhile:

"Vision Quest" was the name of the controversial arc in John Byrne's West Coast Avengers (or as he called it, Avengers West Coast) where Vision was destroyed and rebuilt as the cold, all-white version you saw at the end of WV. This has already happened and a version of the 'good' Vision already began to return, so it seems this show is about that Vision continuing to rediscover his humanity and self.

Edited by Vee