Disney+: WandaVision

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The reviews are great, and the first episode is a hoot. They really commit 100% to the classic sitcom thing right down to the live audience (and a great supporting bit from Deborah Jo Rupp from That 70s Show). Kathryn Hahn remains a force of nature as Agatha Harkness.

Elizabeth Olsen has nailed the Mary Tyler Moore/Elizabeth Montgomery vibe. Bettany is always good. And Emma Caulfield from Buffy is almost unrecognizable in a blonde bouffant as the town queen bee. Monica Rambeau also appears when I least expected her.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The logos on various items throughout the show are of S.W.O.R.D., the Marvel Universe's space-faring intergalactic answer to S.H.I.E.L.D. 

Monica Rambeau has been a government operative on and off throughout her time in Marvel Comics, like her mother before her. Some fans are speculating already that every character other than Wanda and the Vision are S.W.O.R.D. agents lost in this pocket world at her magical whim, or don't remember who they are. I'm not sure of that, but S.W.O.R.D. is clearly heavily involved. Strong Audrey Horne plotline from Twin Peaks Season 3 energy here.

• Members

Thanks for all the links @Vee. I'm hunting down all the easter eggs. Paul Bettany was a revelation! Who knew he was that funny? I'm a Marvel ho and a huge Wanda and Vision fan so I was thirsty for more episodes but I'm willing to be patient. If they're going where I think they're going the kid inside is losing his sh!t.

Edited by Darn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

New poster:

Please register in order to view this content

And a nice edit of it:

Anyone who hasn't seen Elizabeth Olsen's non-MCU work should - she is fascinating and terrifying in Martha Marcy May Marlene. I knew she'd kill this stuff while they finally got to this side of Wanda, a character I have always found both spellbinding and frightening since I was a child. And Teyonah Parris is still amazing, just like she's been since I first saw her in Dear White People. (She is in the new Candyman revival this year as well - the director of that will also be doing Captain Marvel 2, which Parris will co-star in as Monica.)

• Members

This week's sitcom opening sequence is a very obvious homage to Family Ties! And the theme song is, God help me, an earworm.

I never thought I'd see half of this onscreen and it makes me emotional! I grew up with Marvel  Comics.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I was pretty sure it was coming based on rumors, but woo are we through the looking glass.

Incredible performances all around this week, esp from Olsen and Bettany, and Teyonah Parris. Monica has it on lock! I love how much focus she is getting up front. The beat with her reacting to mention of Carol was quite weighted and I suspect we'll be seeing her dealing with what are clearly strong emotions in future. Did Carol's powers give Maria cancer?

• Members

That fix is definitely coming in both print and screen, I'm sure. If they even hint at Magneto in this series I may die.

Came across a toy leak (Funko Pops) for a minor easter egg for the upcoming show, and it made me scream.