Disney+: WandaVision

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'd go back and check again. Some of the 'cuts' in the show in prior episodes are deliberate bc of Wanda warping the 'episode' when Vision rebels. I didn't find anything around there.

It was incredibly thrilling for me to get to see Wiccan's original Young Avengers costume onscreen.

Please register in order to view this content

The kids are great; I had forgotten that in addition to remembering Billy/Wiccan from The Haunting of Hill House, I also saw Tommy/Speed in Z, a decent Canadian horror film from last year.

I guess now we know why S.W.O.R.D. hasn't contacted any of the remaining Avengers re: Westview - they have something they want to hide regarding the crisis, probably related to their doing R&D on the Vision or Wanda, or both. Shades of John Byrne's Avengers West Coast run in the 80s, when an international intelligence community cabal disassembled Vision, leading to Wanda's first breakdown and the loss of their 'magic' twin boys.

Evan Peters clicks well with Olsen. Others have theorized his Pietro/Peter (as he was called in the X-Men films, having been adopted by an American family) is actually Mephisto or some other entity in disguise, probing for more details about what Wanda knows or if she's onto him. I don't know, but I don't think Wanda is what's behind all this.

Agnes is still clearly Agatha Harkness to me. She seems to display more awareness at some times than others.

The Malcolm in the Middle opening was great. The title card is my new phone wallpaper. I never thought I'd see all these characters together as a family.

• Members

I'm waiting for all the episodes to drop so I can binge this, because I have no patience for Disney's slow drip.

That said I am crestfallen that Aaron Taylor-Johnson isn't in this, and that he's been replaced. I felt even in his one appearance in Age of Ultron that he had great chemistry with Elizabeth, and they really sold the chemistry of being close siblings who had been through collective trauma together their entire lives. Peters just isn't the same, and kind of ruins the dramatic weight of that storyline and damages the pathos of what Wanda experienced in Ultron and Civil War. But I guess it kind of had to be him, as the original version would have been too sad, and he would compete with Wanda's grief over Vision.  

• Members

That's condescending as hell. 

I know what the MCU is setting up for (we all do honestly, they aren't being subtle about it), that doesn't change my opinion on the topic, nor do I think it takes any weight away from what I expressed.  

Edited by Skin

• Members

Monica Rambeau!!!

Do not skip out of the long end credits this week.

Spoilers for today inside.

And yes, that is Hahn singing the chorus of the song at the end.

Edited by Vee