Disney+: WandaVision

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Overall, I thought this finale was a really mixed bag. There were some touching moments like Wanda fighting alongside the kids and her last “goodbye” with Vision.Wanda also becoming the Scarlet Witch was also breathtaking. But they crammed way too much into this finale I felt. This is a case where I wish there was more than 9 episodes. 

And I really hope there was a point to casting Evan Peters in this. Who the hell is Ralph Bohner if this isn’t some version of Pietro/Peter/Quicksilver? I kind of get the feeling there is probably more here with this character that we may see play out later.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

They are never going to bring the Fox X-Men into the MCU. Never. The entire Fox continuity is a shitshow and the movies were on balance mostly a disaster. There will be winks and nods and probably an acknowledgement that that universe exists which they may call back to this series with (like saying Ralph is some sort of AU counterpart to Fox Pietro and that's why Agatha fixed on him), but he was never going to hang around as Pietro. It's just never going to happen nor would it IMO be a good idea.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah, I kind of get the feeling there may be more with Ralph that could play out later down the road. Can we chalk his speed powers up to Agatha’s spell, or does he actually have those powers? It seemed pretty vague to me. Obviously he got out of his trance once Monica broke that necklace. 

Coincidentally, this finale comes  as The Illuminerdi is reporting that Feige and team finally have some concrete plans for mutants in the MCU (beyond the already confirmed Deadpool 3). Feige is definitely being cautious with this given the massive implication it will have on the entire universe.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I have my serious doubts about any Marvel rumors no matter how "legit" the supposed source. The WV leaks were numerous and often very wrong. I don't believe for one second that any X-Men movie 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Haha, yeah, I would think that would be a working title. Though I have seen some float around the idea that Feige is hesitant about using the X-Men name given the baggage from the Fox universe, or that his focus is more so on establishing mutantkind first before delving into the X-Men in a rebooted franchise. Who knows, I am just ready for them to start f.ucking saying “mutant” in the MCU (which I think will still happen in phase 4).

• Members

I just don't believe that at all. The Marvel rumor mill is full of idiots doing shít for clout and getting backed up by breathless commenters desperate for any info. If the Fantastic Four isn't radioactive after the complete disasters of their franchise attempts, the X-Men will be fine.

• Members

I agree with this, I personally thought the finale was amazing for what it was but it could have used an additional hour at least, likely 2 for all that they wanted to pack into it. I think the pacing for the series as a whole was a bit off. They wasted 2-3 episodes on sitcom stuff, when what people really wanted was the House of M backdrop that came at the tail end of episode 3 and most of episode 4. When we finally got to the mythos of "The Scarlet Witch" as a concept, the series had a little under an hour left and it was over. 

I get that Feige thinks that 6 hours is the "perfect spot" for the MCU television series, but if that's the case, they need to space it out a bit better. "The Scarlet Witch" concept as a whole deserves at least 2 episodes in it's own right to really digest and grasp. If you integrate the Scarlet Witch mythos, the needed exposition, and include Agatha and Wanda's showdown, that's a solid 2 episodes. Wanda dealing with the outrage of the entire town could have been extended both her coming to realize she is hurting people, while at the same time bringing down her alternate reality and having to atone for it. Those beats alongside her losing her family -- that's an additional episode right there. Vision v. Vision and the resulting Sword drama is also another episode  in itself, which is needed to really pay off the season. Darcy just disappearing was weird and the SWORD stuff overall just felt short-changed. 

Did anyone else get the sense that Wanda didn't really remove her kids from being, and that she just sent them to a pocket dimension somewhere to exist and she could just keep an eye on them? The series finale overall just felt very hopeful, which was such a strange contrast to the 8th episode, which was filled with despair. I totally got the sense that White Vision would come back to Wanda eventually, and that she could pluck her kids back into existence whenever she wanted to again. 

Agatha getting brainwashed was delicious just desserts as well.  

• 1 month later...