• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, pdm1974 said:

Oh, wow! Are they actually going to give Abe a new love interest?

Wow!  This is sad that a black woman over forty only has one choice and that's Abe.  Daytime truly sucks!  

18 minutes ago, pdm1974 said:

Oh, wow! Are they actually going to give Abe a new love interest?

She won't even air for another 3 months, and I'm already shipping them. (Should we call them Paulabe? Abina?) This sounds like a smart way to do stunt casting, with an actor who has plenty of daytime experience, who fits with the existing tone of the show, and who might bring along some curious new viewers 

This is good news.

What's even better is that its been like a year since those tweets that she and Ron posted, so Ron has had plenty of time to write a good, compelling storyline, I hope lol

31 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Wow!  This is sad that a black woman over forty only has one choice and that's Abe.  Daytime truly sucks!  

They need to bring Jonah Carver back... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu_JWTDyjTmC6ednBVMoz

1 hour ago, Gray Bunny said:

Wow, she won't appear until mid-March.

The Shadow and Act article says "March", not "mid-March". 
https://shadowandact.com/jackee-harry-joins-days-of-our-lives-will-begin-starring-in-2021

Based on Jason's estimates ...
I'm guessing it might be like the beginning of March? I dunno.

http://www.jason47.com/days/productionschedule.html

Edited by janea4old

I hope this is what they’re leading Jackee to believe, a proper revival for their black cast. I want Vanessa Williams to also have good story. Abe should not be the only person option for black women, move Valerie around the canvas! I also like that Jackee will have a daughter. And as y’all have mentioned with Jonah, there are also other Carvers who can return. Don’t just stunt cast, DO something with the talent u have. It drives me nuts how successful Vanessa Williams is but Days treats her like a day player. 

1 hour ago, ChitHappens said:

Nothing against Abe. But it does suck. That's his the only option.

1 minute ago, victoria foxton said:

Nothing against Abe. But it does suck. That's his the only option.

You know when a black woman comes on the show the direction she is headed so that kind of puts a damper on things no matter who she's playing.  JR has no charisma and just isn't a romantic lead.  Never has been.  They need a black male his age (give or take a few years) on the canvas to balance this out.  

19 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Fun news. I love Jackée. I actually wouldn’t mind her paired with Abe. 

Please register in order to view this content

My thing is, I don’t mind her with Abe and I don’t begrudge Abe a love interest, but every Black woman shouldn’t be with him. Valerie for example could’ve been tested with Steve or Rafe and Sheila never should’ve even been considered romantically for Abe. That was ridiculous. I wouldn’t mind Jackee going against Lauren Koslow for Abe though. 

3 minutes ago, Chris B said:

My thing is, I don’t mind her with Abe and I don’t begrudge Abe a love interest, but every Black woman shouldn’t be with him. Valerie for example could’ve been tested with Steve or Rafe and Sheila never should’ve even been considered romantically for Abe. That was ridiculous. I wouldn’t mind Jackee going against Lauren Koslow for Abe though. 

Hey, think big. What about Jackee going up against Lauren Koslow for Jake instead?

Just now, prefab1 said:

Hey, think big. What about Jackee going up against Lauren Koslow for Jake instead?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!  One ridiculous looking cougar is enough!  

It's like they don't even try anymore with LK and holding onto her just in case.