Jump to content

How to Change Default Display Setting for Forum Index


Recommended Posts

We have updated the SON Community to the latest version of its forum software. With the update came a major design change as default options, including changes to icons, colors and graphics. We are working on keeping the forum as close to what you have come to expect, including how you view the forum index page when you open https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com.

 

For those that do not like the new default grid type option and want to go back to the traditional table option, use the following icons below to guide you back. Once you make your selection, your choice will be retained as long as you are logged in or have cookies enabled for this site.

 

On the forum index page click on the icon circled in red as shown below

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 1.34.36 AM.png

 

 

That's it. That's the only thing you need to do and your design choice will be remembered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Wendy said:

THANK YOU, Errol. HATED the grid format. Glad we can change it back if we want to.

No worries. I figured it might receive a lot of hate. Once I saw it myself after the update I quickly sought how to get rid of it for those who wouldn't be willing to adjust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Errol said:

We have updated the SON Community to the latest version of its forum software. With the update came a major design change as default options, including changes to icons, colors and graphics. We are working on keeping the forum as close to what you have come to expect, including how you view the forum index page when you open https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com.

 

For those that do not like the new default grid type option and want to go back to the traditional table option, use the following icons below to guide you back. Once you make your selection, your choice will be retained as long as you are logged in or have cookies enabled for this site.

 

On the forum index page click on the icon circled in red as shown below

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 1.34.36 AM.png

 

 

That's it. That's the only thing you need to do and your design choice will be remembered. 

 

I've updated the default forum index option to the traditional setup you've come to know. If you prefer the grid option, you can always transition back by clicking on the icon circled in red below.

 

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 1.34.36 AM.png

 

Note: Only registered members can change in and out of the traditional or grid layout designs. If you are not registered, you can always signup at any time: https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/register/

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dragonflies said:

@Errol do links not automatically embed anymore??

 

What do you mean? YouTube, etc? They should. Someone else mentioned having a problem but when I responded I quoted their post and the embedded video displayed in their post via quote. I think you just need to wait for it to load. Separately, and probably related, [ ] codes no longer work so if anyone used a [ for ] coding things in their posts that doesn't work anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m having issues with only Instagram embeds, but that may be a problem on IG’s end.

 

Question: is there an option to “Mark site as read” anymore? You can still do it by forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2020 at 10:49 PM, Faulkner said:

I’m having issues with only Instagram embeds, but that may be a problem on IG’s end.

 

Question: is there an option to “Mark site as read” anymore? You can still do it by forum.

 

Looking into the Instagram issue.

 

To "mark the site read" you just need to click on the text "Mark site read" on the top right hand side of every page of the site (shown in the red circle below):

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 5.26.17 PM.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Errol said:

 

Looking into the Instagram issue.

 

To "mark the site read" you just need to click on the text "Mark site read" on the top right hand side of every page of the site (shown in the red circle below):

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 5.26.17 PM.png

 

Thanks, Errol. Is that also available on the mobile site?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2020 at 9:19 PM, Errol said:

 

What do you mean? YouTube, etc? They should. Someone else mentioned having a problem but when I responded I quoted their post and the embedded video displayed in their post via quote. I think you just need to wait for it to load. Separately, and probably related, [ ] codes no longer work so if anyone used a [ for ] coding things in their posts that doesn't work anymore.

@ErrolFacebook links don't automatically embed 

Edited by dragonflies
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dragonflies said:

@ErrolFacebook links don't automatically embed 

 

Apparently there is an issue with Instagram and Facebook embeds because Facebook changed their API on developers so that it doesn't easily embed like they used to. Supposedly this has been an issue for awhile and we never encountered it because we were using an older version of Invision Power Board. However, with the upgrade and code changes the developers made the new API doesn't work well with the current version of IPB. I'm looking into using the workaround that I've heard about but before implementing I want to test it out before it breaks anything. So far we've been 15 years strong without me breaking the board. I'd hate to eff up that streak.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...