How to Change Default Display Setting for Forum Index

Errol

• Webmaster

We have updated the SON Community to the latest version of its forum software. With the update came a major design change as default options, including changes to icons, colors and graphics. We are working on keeping the forum as close to what you have come to expect, including how you view the forum index page when you open https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com.

For those that do not like the new default grid type option and want to go back to the traditional table option, use the following icons below to guide you back. Once you make your selection, your choice will be retained as long as you are logged in or have cookies enabled for this site.

On the forum index page click on the icon circled in red as shown below

Please register in order to view this content

That's it. That's the only thing you need to do and your design choice will be remembered. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

I've updated the default forum index option to the traditional setup you've come to know. If you prefer the grid option, you can always transition back by clicking on the icon circled in red below.

Note: Only registered members can change in and out of the traditional or grid layout designs. If you are not registered, you can always signup at any time: https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/register/

• Webmaster

What do you mean? YouTube, etc? They should. Someone else mentioned having a problem but when I responded I quoted their post and the embedded video displayed in their post via quote. I think you just need to wait for it to load. Separately, and probably related, [ ] codes no longer work so if anyone used a [ for ] coding things in their posts that doesn't work anymore.

• Webmaster

Looking into the Instagram issue.

To "mark the site read" you just need to click on the text "Mark site read" on the top right hand side of every page of the site (shown in the red circle below):

Please register in order to view this content

• Webmaster

Apparently there is an issue with Instagram and Facebook embeds because Facebook changed their API on developers so that it doesn't easily embed like they used to. Supposedly this has been an issue for awhile and we never encountered it because we were using an older version of Invision Power Board. However, with the upgrade and code changes the developers made the new API doesn't work well with the current version of IPB. I'm looking into using the workaround that I've heard about but before implementing I want to test it out before it breaks anything. So far we've been 15 years strong without me breaking the board. I'd hate to eff up that streak.