Iconic Soap Stars Who Flopped In Other Roles

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sorry----I wouldn't have hired Gaskill to play a dogcatcher in a bad Disney movie after seeing him as either Katie's stalker or Dylan Lewis. I understand the frustration with stunt casting, but that doesn't make the actors "flops"---they did the  temp job they were hired to do. It's even hard to fault the parade actors B&B has gone through over the decades, when you already know Bell will lose interest in them after six weeks, no matter WHO they are. 

Michael Easton---Silas Clay/Ham Finn  GH  I do not understand GH's obsession with this dude. He's so low energy he makes paint drying a fascinating afternoon.

*shudders in memory*  That was literally the point. Jack. who'd lost his memory, connected with the names "Julia" and "JJ". (His ex-wife and the name of "their" baby she foisted on him after raping him....)

*damn Pissy and Sheffer to hell...*  

• Members

You might not like him, but I wouldn't say that the character of Finn is a flop. He's been there for nearly 5 years now, and the show keeps expanding his family; he's now at the center of a big story with Kim Delaney's Jackie Templeton.

For my tastes, Finn (with his dry sense of humor) is one of the only characters I can stand to watch on GH these days. And I actually think he's a better fit for Easton's talents than John McBain on OLTL, who might have been popular with certain segments of the audience, but really was like watching paint dry. Paint in some kind of dour, self-pitying shade of grey. 

• Members

I've only ever seen one episode of her AMC run (Tom and Erica's wedding - I watch it yearly on their anniversary :lol:), but yes, Christina didn't seem to be the most exciting character. With Erica in her young, selfish twat prime and Brooke in her early vixen phase, it's hard to imagine RS could have ever stolen the show with blah Christina. Her heading for Llanview was just the best possible scenario for all involved.

• Members

I would have loved to see Sarah tackling Cassie. I think she would've had chemistry with Kim Zimmer and probably might've been written with Cassie's street smarts she retained from her life prior coming to Springfield. I also imagine she and Crystal Chappell would've been great together as friends/business partners. 

• Members

The character was important during the years that she was on,  but in terms of looking at AW in general, her character could easily be forgotten. Once her initial story arc ended, the writer really didn't do much with her. But I also heard that the only reason that DA left AW was because she wanted to go back to California full time.