Legacy characters most in need of recasting?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agree on Victoria and Abby on Y&R, and in spite of JT’s Emmy, I’d add Billy. I think Michael Mealor is legit, though. They just don’t use him properly as Kyle, and it’s a shame they killed off Diane, because she’d add so much dimension to the character (in theory, as this show is so incompetently written).

The only legacy character on B&B who is a home run is JMW’s Steffy.  Courtney Hope’s Sally is also good. The others are more or less expendable, even though I think they are mostly talented and could use more imaginative writing.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I think the problem with Abby on Y&R has always been terrible writing and zero characterization. Ordway may not be the strongest actress but I don’t think she is entirely to blame. They also keep throwing  lame pairings her way like Alex Chavez, Stitch, Scott, Arturo etc. along with pointless rivalries with Eden, Summer, Sharon, Phyllis etc. Something is seriously wrong here in 2020 when Chance is Abby’s best pairing since Tyler in 2014(I can’t even remember why they broke up now lol). 

Ordway’s best work was probably the Max story back in 2016. 

All the Kyle actors have been incompetent as well even though Lachlan was the best one probably at least looks wise. Again the writing and characterization has been really terrible  for Kyle. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

GH : Lucky (Jeff Branson would be my top choice) Serena : ( I know Carly Schroeder is in the army however it seems she is on leave now according to IG.) (But if she couldn't do it I wouldn't mind Kim Matula or Brooke Newton in the role.) (Tommy Hardy Robert Ri'chard would do) 

Jared Breeze who played Max was so good and was better than half the cast at that time too TBH. I wish they would've chickened out by having him having a brain tumor. The story should've been he didn't like Abby because in his mind she was trying to take his mother's place. 

• Members

Y&R Michael Mealor and Amelia Heinle are fine.  I agree kinda on Melissa Ordway as Abby, she's too old for the part IMHO, plus the writing sucks. 

GH---Disagree with all.  Emme Rylan is a great Lula.  Chad Duell is the best Michael we've had.  Marcus Coloma is doing good as Nikolas.

I'd re-cast Franco, Roger Howarth is TOO OLD to be Scott & Heather's son!

B&B don't watch. 

I would re-cast Dante with a young actor, or axe Lisa LoCicero(Olivia)  so it looks more realisitic for Dante to be Olivia's son. Kill off Olivia, she's annoying as hell.  Never was much a fan.  Hated LoCicero on ONE LIFE and on LOVING or THE CITY, which ever she was on. 

DAYS -- None needed. I would bring back Joey Johnson re-cast, Melissa Anderson, Lisa Trusel or a recast like Gina Tognoni, Jeremy Horton re-cast. 

Michael had an edge, and Chad Duell did great, when Sonny killed AJ, and Michael hated Sonny and changed his last name to Quartermaine.  This should've NEVER been undone, although AJ should've NEVER been killed off. 

I agree GH needs Lucky and Serena back.  Agree Jeff Branson might be good as Lucky. 

Edited by David_Vickers
Add other observations

• Members

Chad was excellent in that storyline.  However, I don't believe it was edgy.  Just a kid pissed at a POS for killing his father.  Michael needs an every day edge and I think it's time to recast.  

But then again, this sh!t heap won't be improving so why bother?

• Members

I think what Michael is missing is a Morgan who is dangerous, like Sonny.  A foil for his more reserved and responsible character.  Right now he is nothing like any of his parents.  If anything, he seems like Jason.  And Jason has spent over 20 years dealing with Sonny’s messes, we should be watching Michael come to terms with Morgan. 

Edited by titan1978