Most deadweight characters on each soap?

• Members

It’s pretty clear that out of the four, GH is the deadweight soap. Half of the cast can be fired tomorrow and I wouldn’t bat an eye for a lot of them. All those actors, it’s a wonder how Frank manages to keep the show under budget. 

If I had to pick one though, it would be Franco/RH for sure 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was going to say Ben after Rafe.  When you use the main heroine on the show to prop him-it's a lot. lol.  But I thought Cin was popular?  I have no idea why, but they seem to have a faction of fans.  At this point they should just retcon the killings and say Jordan did it and call it a day.  It's ridiculous to make him a hero in Salem after what he did.

• Members

I think B&B is up there with GH with deadweight characters, which is even more pronounced with such a tiny canvas. Some of these were once viable and vital parts of the show, but looking at Katie, Quinn, Liam, Wyatt, Bill, even Ridge - all feel like dead-end characters or have been left spinning wheels. The dynamics have really stalled. Really, once Stephanie was killed off, the Forresters (aside from Steffy) lost their usefulness and should have been phased out. I suppose in practice they have been, but there’s way too much boring Ridge bluster on this show.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

You could list half the current cast of Y&R.

That show is in desperate need of a Salem Stalker style storyline, except that people should stay dead.

I'm going to look at the current cast on Wikipedia and see who could leave tomorrow without the show missing a beat:

People Who Can Go:

Donny Boaz Chance Chancellor 2019–present What happened to John Driscoll? He was hot (tho boring.)

Sasha Calle Lola Rosales 2018–present Who?

Sean Dominic Nate Hastings 2019–present Who?

Melissa Claire Egan Chelsea Lawson 2011–present Zzzzzz

Camryn Grimes Mariah Copeland 2014–present Both boring, and ruining Cassie's legacy at the same time

Amelia Heinle Victoria Newman 2005–present Needs a recast

Tyler Johnson Theo Vanderway 2019–present Who?

Hunter King Summer Newman 2012–2016, 2018–present She's been on 8 years and I can't even picture her? Recast.

Christian LeBlanc Michael Baldwin 1991–1993, 1997–present Outstayed his welcome 15+ years ago.

Michael Mealor Kyle Abbott 2018–present Zzzzzzz

Mishael Morgan Amanda Sinclair 2019–present Both boring, and ruining Hilary's legacy at the same time

Melissa Ordway Abby Newman 2013–present She's been on 7 years and I can't even picture her? Recast.

Brytni Sarpy Elena Dawson 2019–present Who?

Jason Thompson Billy Abbott 2016–present Needs a recast

People Who Can Stay:

Peter Bergman Jack Abbott 1989–present

Eric Braeden Victor Newman 1980–present

Sharon Case Sharon Newman1994–present

Mark Grossman Adam Newman 2019–present

Bryton James Devon Hamilton 2004–present

Kate Linder Esther Valentine 1982–present

Joshua Morrow Nicholas Newman 1994–present

Melody Thomas Scott Nikki Newman 1979–present

Michelle Stafford Phyllis Summers 1994–1997, 2000–2013, 2019–present

Jordi Vilasuso Rey Rosales 2018–present I didn't know he was on this now? Is he still hot? If so he can stay.

Edited by juppiter

• Members

Pretty much agree with your choices with some exceptions.

Sean Dominic, Misheal Morgan and Michael Mealor can stay - they just need better stories and love interests.

Mark Grossman can go- Adam is a horrible character who cannot and should not be redeemed.

Recast Devon as Bryton has no presence onscreen.

Michelle Stafford definitely OUT. Mother and daughter leave town and all that ugly history goes with them.

Jordi has lost the hot factor and is giving vampire realness so he's out.

• Members

Watros and Stafford were fine, but Nina is a stupid character.  And CW has no chemistry with Ingo at all.  Jax should always be challenging Sonny and it's like the GH writers are missing a no brainer.  IR is so good with LW and it's just wasted on this weird endgame Carson love story.  GH could probably let go of half of it's cast and I wouldn't care.  

• Members

I'm not sure I agree with this entirely, but BB certainly has what I like to call "anchors." Characters that are constantly leading or present (firmly planted) that it doesn't allow the ship to sail anywhere else, the story is primarily focused on these characters and little focus is placed elsewhere. 

Edited by GLATWT88

• 3 weeks later...