Most deadweight characters on each soap?

• Members

That one character that has never worked on the shows canvas, or brought anything positive in the way of story impact, but they are still trying to force a square peg in a round hole? 

GH: Franco

Edited by Vince79

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't mind when they were off the canvas for that year or so when they were gone. They bring nothing to the show and that is sad since Chloe is Esther's daughter and Katherine' Chancellor's goddaughter. Elizabeth and Greg our good actors but the characters and the damage they have suffered over the years make me care about them anymore. 

Olivia - GH 

At a time she had a purpose as Dante's mother and a character,  but I was hoping during Ryan's Murders 2.0 she was going to be a casualty. It just seems like she is now only there to fuss at Lulu for moving on without Dante and being the new modern matriarch of the Q's and remind us she and Ned our married. 

Dev - GH

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Great choices. I hated how forced Janet and Liberty were onto all the Snyder’s and Dusty the last two years of ATWT

Cyrus I was just neutral on but Grady/“G” was absolutely dreadful and I was glad that Phillip threw him to his death, and nobody back in Springfield even cared they just assumed he finally left town for good.

I was going to mention Cane but since he’s finally go I felt it was just be silent about him

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It's amazing how many dead weight characters GH has lol.  LLC would have been better as a Lois recast.

Dev on GH is odd.  It seems like they were going somewhere with the character, but then dropped it?  Maybe he really was supposed to be Brenda's kid and that fell apart or VM wouldn't return.  Regardless, he's pretty useless now.

Peter-there are no words.  He should thank his lucky stars LW is his girlfriend and keeps him employed.

• Members

Absolutely.  And you can add Nina to the list of those already mentioned.  And Willow/Sasha.  I know they drive story but I think they are the same character.  We don't need two of them lol.

I don't think Jax is a dead weight character due to his history of being popular, but he really is misused now and has no purpose.

• Members

Ben on Days. They are willing to make every single character on canvas look ridiculous to try to prop him. This week they literally had Will, who Ben attempted to strangle to death, say that the whole incident is just "water under the bridge." The whole town has to prop up this serial killer, and people who don't like Ben (like Eve, whose daughter he murdered) are looked at as the bad guys.

• Members

It's amazing how Y&R brings out the worst qualities of GR and EH. She was almost not repulsive in some of her early run.They really screwed up with David Tom's return, as well. A little bit of direction and he would have been fine.

Cane had to be the most dead weight. Phyllis' sister might be a close second... Avery. It even took me a minute to remember her name. Then again, when I think about it, with the long parade of failed characters since 2012 and even earlier, she can't really be singled out. Cane, on the other hand...