Ratings From the 90's

• Members

ICAM!

I still believe P&G would have asked Douglas Marland to "rescue" AW at some point after 1993.  ATWT was still great to watch when he died, but I think you could tell where he was getting restless, too.  I still look at how he had changed his mind about who Carolyn Crawford's murderer should have been as a sign that something was wrong with him.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Didn't DOOL copy "Natalie In the Well" somehow - complete with the perpetrator making visits to taunt the victim and make food drops???

And "Susan" looked an awful lot like early Janet - except Janet didn't have obnoxious, OTT horse teeth.

Edited by Janet Marlowe

• Members

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 9/13/93-9/17/93 & 9/20/93-9/24/93:

Please register in order to view this content

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 9/27/93-10/1/93 & 10/4/93-10/8/93:

• Members

If they did I sure don't remember it. But, when Vivian buried Carly alive there definitely was taunting.

Unless you're thinking of when Stella had Marlena in the Pit. Maybe so. I don't think of them as alike but it's because the Pit was so singular. But, now, thinking about it, maybe there are similarities. The Pit was a big open space, deep hole in a building that was, I think, going to be destroyed. Someone else is likely to remember better than this. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Y&R big events: Victor meets Hope. Genoa City believes Victor died in a car accident.

Y&R big events: Jill gives birth to Billy. Christian LeBlanc last episode until his 1997 return. Douglas learns Victor did not die in a car accident but after a brief stay in Genoa City, Victor returns to Kansas.

Guiding Light July 16, 1993 Roger crashes Ed's party at the country club. Michael Zaslow Emmy winning episode.

Reilly Days takes off and daytime is shaken.

August 1993 B&B big event Brooke takes over Forrester Creations. To me that storyline was Bill Bell's last hurrah before passing the reigns to Bradley.

Y&R in the 9s! Genoa City learned Victor did not die in a car accident. We saw during the classics the episode Victor reunited with Victoria and Nicholas and revealed he was alive to Jack.

Sadly this is it for Guiding Light, stuck in 8th for the remainder of its run AFAIK.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 10/11/93-10/15/93 & 10/18/93-10/22/93:

Please register in order to view this content

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 10/25/93-10/29/93 & 11/1/93-11/5/93:

• Members

Y&R big event: Scott learns he has an illness and that Sheila survived the fire, thus he and Sheila are still legally married.

B&B November 1993 big event Catalina Island remote where Scott dies.

General Hospital in 2nd. Was this Luke/Laura return?

Edited by kalbir

• Members

DOOL

1992-1993: #8 4.9

1993-1994: #6 5.6 (tied w/ OLTL)

1994-1995: #6 5.3

1995-1996: #2 5.8

1996-1997: #2 5.8

1997-1998: #2 5.1

Did it really "blow up" (or did the other soaps around it just fall hard)???

It made gains, but I don't think it's as impressive as some make it out to be.

Edited by Janet Marlowe

• Members

4.9 x 931k = 4 561 900

5.6 x 942k = 5 275 200

5.3 x 954k = 5 056 200

5.8 x 959k = 5 562 200

5.8 x 970k = 5 626 000

5.1 x 980k = 4 998 000

Worth remembering that the amount of household a ratings point represents changes from season to season (these were just quick figures  I googled up, so they might be wrong). That's why I think the amount of viewers might tell a better story sometimes rather than just the ratings - DAYS clearly broke a trend of decline in daytime and considering how weak NBC's daytime line-up was it was no small feat.