Soap Moments You Wish You Could Have Witnessed

• Members

Since most soaps before 1975 were subject to wiping (or floods), a lot of soap history has been lost. Most of us only know about certain soap opera moments from recollections, industry magazines, and history books. What are some soap opera moments you didn't see, but you wish you had? 

AMC:

Erica's abortion

Ruth's anti-war speech

Brooke arrives in Pine Valley on the back of Benny Sago's motorcycle

ATWT:

The first episode (I've read the script, but I'd love to see it!)

Lisa's first episode (I've read the script, but I'd love to see it!)

Lisa leaves Oakdale for OUR PRIVATE WORLD.

AW:

Rachel's debut on AW

AW's first hour-long episode

DAYS

Mickey learns Bill is the father of his son & Laura's son, Mike

GL:

The first TV episode of GL

Bert learns she has uterine cancer

LOVE OF LIFE

Tuddi Wiggins debuts as Meg

Christopher Reeve debuts as Ben "Beanie" Harper

OLTL

The first appearance of Nikki Smith

Carla Gray sees her mother, Sadie, for the first time in years!

SEARCH FOR TOMORROW

Jennifer crashes through the plate glass window 

WHERE THE HEART IS

The final episode 

Y&R

Katherine witnessing Jill and Phillip in the stables

Leslie Brooks calling Lorie Brooks a bitch (which I've heard is the first time that word was uttered on US TV)

Nick Reed tries to rape his daughter, Nikki

The death of Phillip Chancellor, III

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OLTL- Nancy Pinkerton’s Dorian killing Victor Lord.

I also would love to see the original Victoria Lord, and Carla and Sadie reunited.

AW- just more of the original actors in the Rachel/Steve/Alice storyline.

DAYS- More of Susan Flannery as Laura, and Denise Alexander as Susan when she was scheming.

Y&R- Kay finding out Jill and Philip, and also driving him over a cliff.

GH- early Lesley stuff

• Members

AW: Robin Strasser as Rachel, as well as more of 1971-1976ish stuff.

ATWT: Anything Susan/Dan/Kim related, Sandy Wilson’s storylines, Irma’s infamous 1971-73 tenure

Days: Adelaide’s death, the reveal that Mike is Bill’s son, Marlena and Samantha story 

Edge: Adam & Nicole’s yacht exploding on them. 

GL: Kit Vested’s reign of terror(I’ve heard the audio) Roger & Peggy’s wedding and just in general a lot of 1970’s anything Roger related.

Y&R: The death of Phillip Chancellor II, anything that occurred in 1979(heard some audios and seen a few clips, need more lol), all of Vanessa’s death and Lorie’s trial. 

• Members

Whichever soap opera it was (one of you fine folks will surely know) where the show was live and the line was "So-and-so cracked on the plane" but the actor accidentally said "crapped on the plane" and all the actors on set couldn't contain their laughter. 

• Members

It was First Love!! One of the MANY short-lived NBC soaps of the 50s. Rosemary Prinz was part of the cast and said in an interview much later that the supposed scene never actually happened. It'd be nice to know for sure.

Wasn't there also a scene on DAYS (so obviously it's still out there if it happened) in the 70s where Doug asks Julie what she would like for breakfast, and SSH ad libbed "a big pink sausage."

• Members

EON - pretty much anything pre 1979.
TD - Buddy's accident while Nick & Althea were together; actually, anything within a couple of years preceding the 1968 episodes.

AMC - Charles Tyler & Mona first falling in love
(was surprised to see Hugh Franklin pop up on Dark Shadows as the Collins family lawyer (currently watching it for the first time)...funny how Phoebe's 2 husbands worked together before);
OLTL - more of Viki & Joe Riley's relationship...she was a widow when I started watching and the only clips they ever really showed was when he brought Clint around

Edited by applcin