• Members

NLG...

See, I'm on a different side of the fence than the rest of you.  

Just about 60% of the movies made in Hollywood during the 80s and 90s had Harvey Weinstein rolling thru the credits, so when he dies, will you guys remember him for what he contributed to the industry or will you celebrate that the man who victimized hundreds of women is finally gone?  

John was a womanizer and a drunk and had I known he was an abusive jerk BTS, I would not have created a thread wishing he rest in peace because, frankly, I don't care how he rests.  

This isn't the right time?  When is the right time?  Nancy thought reporting the dick displays when it happened was the right time, but guess what, it wasn't.  So while many are upset that  he passed, I will be thinking about someone approaching me waving with his dick and there's nothing I can do about it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

One of the funniest lines I remember from AMC is from when Edmund "fake-kidnapped" Erica and they had just completed a frantic phone call where Erica pleaded with Dimitri (?) to come save her. After the hang-up, Edmund says to Erica, "With a performance like that, you deserve an Oscar."

La Lucci replies, "I'd settle for an Emmy." 

• Members

My thing is the hypocrisy. You can't tell me this is the only #MeToo story that NLG knows. In this era why didn't she speak out about this or any other case from the soap industry? Why didn't she support Sarah Brown when she mentioned her issues? Why is it the only person you call out someone who has just died? That's the only thing that bothered me about it. 

• Members

Why are so many people assuming without question that NLG's allegations are true?

Even she did not say it happened to her. She only referred to the alleged victims as "atmosphere" actors, and their very existence and stories remain uncorroborated and unverified. If indeed any of this took place, where are the statements from ANYONE who witnessed the supposed behavior, themselves? Are NLG's second-hand and unverified assertions enough to determine reality?

NLG also claims that she reported the stories about John Callahan to TPTB, but they did nothing about the behavior. Says who? How do we know that those in charge did not investigate the allegations at the time? I would not have run back to NLG with any reports, considering she was not a victim of any abuse. The only ones who deserved to be advised of the outcome of an investigation were the victims and JC. Not NLG. It was none of her damned business. She is not The Authority Who Must Be Appeased.

This reminds me of Brenda Dickson, who wrote semi-literate accounts about William J. Bell's alleged sexual shenanigans...but only after he, like JC, was dead and unable to defend himself. Are we relying on the likes of NLG and La Dickson to decide for us what reality is?

Pffft.

If the man did engage in such egregious behavior, that would be horrible and unacceptable, but until I hear from anyone with first-hand experience about his actions, I'm not going to blindly condemn him as a deviant based solely on Nancy Lee Grahn's uncorroborated hearsay.

• Members

and who puts abuse victims in the back of their mind for 20 YEARS. you just don't do that if it's something so important. 

NLG picks and chooses what she wants to get attention for herself and nothing more. She's the ONLY person who's said anything negative about him, speaks VOLUMES to me 

• Members

There have been stories about Callahan catting around behind Eva's back. I'd not heard the NLG claims before but it wouldn't shock me. Daytime was an anything goes boys' club back then and it wasn't okay, for him or anyone else. That said, it doesn't diminish my admiration of his onscreen work, and I think there's better times to address it than the first 24 hours following his death with a megaphone on soap twitter, which is monitored by his grieving loved ones.

Edited by Vee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

LOVE. The first time I was a regular AMC viewer that I remembered it was during the Erica/Janet/Skye friendship and she was my first Skye...so liked them together.

But that said...DAMN. Shocked. May he rest in peace.