YR: Lee Phillip Bell Has Died

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What a lovely piece of trivia.  As others have stated, it really did set the show apart for a long time.  The show opening up quite often on a table or desk with flowers on it then panning to the character walking into the room, answering the door or phone, opening mail, etc was such an identity staple for me with Y&R.

• Members

Bill Bell also praised her tremendously for relocating with him from Chicago to California in 1986 when they were creating B&B.   He said that for him the move wasn't that big of a deal.  But for Lee Phillip, it was a VERY big deal, because in Chicago she was sort of a celebrity --- the precursor of Oprah Winfrey in the talk show market --  and she gave up her local position of celebrity to move to LA, where no one knew her from Adam's housecat.  He said it was only AFTER they'd moved that he truly realized how much she'd given up to accompany him.    

• Members

Very sorry to hear of her passing, I believe she was was the last of daytime's pioneers? 

Please register in order to view this content

Another fun fact is Lee in the early '90s campaigned heavily for B&B to get full coverage especially in markets that were pre-empting B&B and visited their markets. It worked; by 1995, every CBS station was finally airing B&B

• Members

I was going to post this same thing.

Your hypocrisy is annoying. You gave some grief to that other poster who kept butting into threads and posting useless information no one cared about, now you are doing the same. If you have dish, share it with people who give a toss, it seems no one on this thread cares. 

• Members

Nope we do not care about you but what the issue is at least for me is that you highjacked a thread that is to celebrate Lee's life with your backstage gossip no one gives an F about