March 6-10, 2006

Toups

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well DAYS is up a little :D

It averaged a 2.50 last week and a 2.52 this week. Hopefully next week we'll see their numbers rise even more. It's been great and the ratings suck. Oh well, I guess they suck for all soaps right now. GH/AMC/OLTL/DAYS/ATWT are all within 0.3 of each other. :(

• Members

If __insert soap name__ is really so much improved lately (as many of you tell me on the board), why do its ratings suck so much?

You can use that question for any soap!

Y&R has a 4.1 Does the show suck?

ATWT has a 2.5 Does it suck?

Blah Blah Blah :P:lol:

• Members

Tell it like it is, Rick. ;)

Once again I don't mean this ugly, but please always remember ratings have nothing to do with quality. I think it was Hill Street Blues (heralded as one of the best ever primetime dramas) who always had low ratings, and even it's first season in which it won many Emmy's was very close to cancellation.

A show can be greatly improved and still have low ratings. Right now one of the biggest things hurting Days is the supposed fans of the show who have deserted because their favorite couple is not featured prominantly on the show right now. Sorry but it is the truth. That has nothing to do with the quality.

Not being hateful but it is the truth.

• Members

A few minutes ago I looked at the 2.50 and 2.52 somebody posted and for some reason said to myself "that's a demo number, right?" And if you guys know me, I'm a ratings whore, lol, so I'm not sure why I got confused for a second (I do have a cold, maybe it's that). Wow, the numbers for the shows suck really badly, 2.50, 2.87, 2.67 put it into bigger perspective. Y&R atleast can say they're over 4.0!

• Members

It is depressing to look at numbers from 5 years ago this week :(

In order from biggest losses

Y&R 5.9 (-1.8)

DAYS 3.8 (-1.3) GL 3.5 (-1.3)

B&B 4.4 (1.2)

GH 3.9 (-1.1)

ATWT 3.5 (-1.0)

OLTL 3.4 (-.8)

AMC 3.4 (-.7)

PSNS 2.2 (-.6)

• Members

GL and ATWT deserve to be way higher. Remember not to long ago GL and DAYS were playing tug o war with GL gaining on Days. Now its ATWT and DAYS duking it out.

I want to see the ratings look like this at least for 2 or 3 weeks:

Y&R 4.3

B&B 3.4

ATWT 3.0

GL 2.8

OLTL 2.8

AMC 2.7

GH 2.6

Days 2.5

Passions 2.0

That's what it should be like. CBS dominating ABC close 2nd and NBC dead last.

• Members

Yes and you'll find just as many who want CBS to be dead last with ABC dominating and then just as many who want NBC to dominate with ABC and CBS tied for last.

Truth is none of the soaps are getting the ratings they should. And none of them are getting the ratings that many of us think they deserve.

Archived