March 6-10, 2006

Toups

• Members

I feel a little better about Days ratings when you actually look at all the numbers. Days and Passions were the only 2 shows up in total viewers from last week and they were preempted in some major areas last week. Passions really was on Friday in 10 markets.

In HH's, Days stayed exactly the same as last week, the only show that kept both numbers the same. All the rest of the shows were dropped in one of the numbers, some in both. Passions was the only show that was up in HH's and it suffered more preemptions than Days.

And in all the key demos, Days either held it's own or actually had numbers that rose last week. In the men viewers, it and ATWT were the only ones that were actually up. So while the numbers are not that great, at least they are not really losing ground. The whole picture makes it look some better.

:P

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The numbers for Days aren't horrible. The demos and total viewers are good and so is their numbers vs many of the other soaps from a year ago. B&B is the only one with Days that has maintained their HH since last year.

The ABC soaps have begun to drop and they should continue to with sweeps over. March is so bad for ratings usually. They along with NBC may get a small bump this week with CBS being preempted two days but even that isn't likely.

I swear if Days doesn't go up for this week I may not ever care to look at ratings again. They do not indicate quality otherwise Days and ATWT would be so much higher. Passions is in trouble though with those numbers and the show isn't that good right now.

• Members

You and me both. You know it's a bad sign when every other soap either stays the same or falls, while Passions ratings increase.

Oh well, OLTL's ratings should rise at least a little with all the stuff that is coming up over the next couple of weeks. :)

• Members

I hope their ratings go up too Scotty. They have a lot of good reveals coming up, but as I said on another post here - so many of them are so long overdue my fear is that so many fans don't care anymore. I know I don't care as much as I did about them 2 or 3 months ago. They have just drug out so long, but I will stay in there and continue to watch everyday for now. I do know that many have quit watching because of the long wait.

• Members

And therein lies the problem. There is not a single storyline on OLTL at the present that I care about. If on Monday they started airing a month of vintage clips while they started from scratch on all the stories I'd be more likely to be excited than the so called reveals in the next couple of weeks. From reading around the net I know that I'm not the only one who is completely disheartened and simply wants the least damage done to what remains of the show.

Archived