Days of our Lives- Entire cast fired!?

• Members

Yeah, I think this is a business move more than a cancellation one - I'm not sure NBC would like to send it off the air without any closure.

I guess most of the actors aren't exactly in high demand though the risk is of course the younger cast actually just moving on.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The article says the actors contracts will include less

Please register in order to view this content

. How much less can they go? They are working for peanuts. It's a take it or leave deals if Days is renewed.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I get that we all have an attachment to these shows, but at this point, when things get this bad, cancellation seems like the only viable option. I'd rather that than see the show cling to life support on a non-existent budget with barely any recognizable cast. It's just too damn painful to see these shows become less reputable than a high school play. 

• Members

Jason47 posted about this on his facebook page. The show has done this before for 4 months. This is to be expected. Whether or not NBC renews, they will begin taping in March 2020 for August airing episodes maybe to film the final stories until cancellation date. So they'll still be approx 4 months ahead. 

• Members

They never released the whole cast before though. They did this for actors who contracts expired during a longer hiatus. Not the entire cast. This is not the same or expected no matter how much Corday wants to spin this. There is no sugar in this bowl

Also what about the Crew? They dont get paid? They they all get laid off???