General Hospital October Discussion Thread

• Members

Agreed.

Hiring names and wasting them and bringing in new characters are Frank's worst qualities as a producer

I can't wait until all of his secrets come out. Hopefully, him and buddy Valentin will then scurry out of town with their tails between their legs.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And what is MEK doing as Martin. I get he is supposed to be creepy but I dunno there is something that i cant explain yet. So i guess MEK said he knew of talk that Martin & Laura could be related given her bio Dads last name and MEK would like to work with Genie again

I could see FV going this route to extend MEK's stay

I think Valentin will be here as long as JPS wants the gig

Edited by John

• Members

I adore Watros and she did give a nice performance but it's hard to care about Nina. Nina is just a waste of a character, pointless and not needed. Even Watros can't make her work, sadly.

And also, it's pretty disgusting to see Lulu treated as the bad guy. I burst out laughing when Valentin and his bug eyes threatened her. Jesus. Frank wouldn't dare let Lulu have a backbone against his pets. Heaven forbid ... and the way Maxie was talking to her? Lord. I wish Lulu slapped her. Can't wait for that annoying twit Maxie to learn Peter is trash.

Maxie and Lulu have basically become the same person. Can we dump one of them?

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Better yet?  Since GH is full-on sci-fi again, thanks to that "memory mapping" crap, there could be some freak molecular occurrence that causes Maxie and Lulu literally to fuse into one person. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

I think making MEK's new character a half-brother to Laura is an interesting speculation by fans, but I wouldn't be surprised if the writers just pulled the last name out of the air.  My mind gets mixed up on old story lines anymore.  Wasn't there a character named David Gray, a nice looking Ken doll, 80s style (who wore a leather jacket all the time), that was chasing our Laura around the time she married Luke, or was he chasing Laura Templeton?  I truly don't remember.  And I admit being stupid enough to think that maybe the now departed Margaux Dawson was related to Jane and Howie of early 70s GH fame.  Nope.

• Members

Yup.  David Gray was initially responsible for Laura's (Spencer) disappearance.  I forget how she ended up being held captive by the Cassadines, though.

IIRC, David was Luke's antagonist in the Sword of Malkuth storyline.  Supposedly, Luke magically developed psychic powers that propelled David to his ultimate fate.  (I didn't watch, I'm just going on what I've read).  Fortunately, though, they dropped that aspect of Luke's character after the storyline wrapped.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I don't think GH ever connected the dots, but David could have been some sort of minion for the Cassadines, aiding the curse Helena put on Luke and Laura. I mean, if Luke has superpowers, why wouldn't the Cassadines be demonic?

@vetsoapfan, in your honor, I'm giving the world's most pronounced eye roll.

• Members

I think eventually they did link David Gray to the Cassadines' schemes, maybe during Laura's return a couple years later. They said he was one of their henchmen and delivered Laura to them.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Thank you everyone for the help on David Gray.  I had absolutely zero memory of Luke's psychic powers or "The Sword Of Malkuth".  Good God, how silly things got in such a short time.  In 1980, Lesley was slapping Monica at a Quartermaine party, very adult, and it descended to this comic book storytelling.

• Members

ToddFrankenDrew's  accent is extremely irritating. Much like the actor. 

Kim's obsession with her only friend in town's husband is pathetic as well.

And then there's Jillian.....

And

Please register in order to view this content

the pseudo-villain.... framing

and Valentin 

and Nina......

Ugggghhhhhhhh