General Hospital October Discussion Thread

• Members

Lol, Monica is really saying that Franco is now Drew.  

This isnt even a case like Roman Brady/John Black or two Todds where the charachter believed they were someone else for YEARS. Franco literally got trurned into Drew--while Drew was alive, to Drew's dismay--like 3 months ago, now he has a claim to Drew's life since he's dead? 

Why are they making Sam so weak these days? She used to seem so capable and supposedly badass, but now she looks like she can't last a day in jail.

Tamera Braun returning has been dissapoingting IMO, perhaps because Im used to her as petulant Carly 2.0. Idk, maybe it would have been more interesting to see her in conflict with Sonny and Carly. Sarah Browns return as Claudia was better done.

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

All the courtroom stuff was deadly to me.

Monica was written like an idiot, Roger Howarth’s stoic look was nauseating, and Kin Shriner was so laughably over the top I couldn’t believe it. I mean, I love legacy characters, but he was really terrible.

• Members

Monica sounded like a clown. The only way to redeem her saying that is to figure that Monica's so desperate for family she'll take anyone with Quartermaine ties at this point. What a shame, the writers gave her Oscar, Drew, and AJ just to kill them all off. Pointless!

Meanwhile, GH teased us with Carly and Sonny reuniting for 7 years. Now that they're back together, their storylines have been just dull. Maybe they should ressurect AJ and have him want revenge against Sonny & Carly (w/o making him a victim) and the Corinthos clan will get an interesting storyline again.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I adore the soapiness of the GH Halloween teaser.  Mark Lawson's character is a teacher and an Uber driver but, has a tux and a full Mary Poppins costume, as well as time off for all of the social events he can attend.

Soap Rule #45, no matter their age or social status, all men in soap towns own a perfectly fitted tuxedo

• Members

The good , the bad and the in between

THE GOOD

Lucy re-opening  Deception and wanting deceptive Sasha to be her lead model.     It would be good to see her find a business partner to balance her wacky side.

Plenty of Scott. With the ToddFrankenDrew vortex of suck, the only gem has been the airtime Kin Shriner has gotten.

Tristan Rogers.     Robert Scorpio has always been the best thing to  come out of the Cassadine Island plot (Second to glorious starlet, Tiffany Hill, Sharon Wyatt has been ill for years.)  Robert's interactions with parking lot Pete and Dawgy Daddy are always entertaining.  But scenes with Laura, Maxie , Mac and Felicia are gold as well.

Curtis.   As always, Donnell Turner rocks chemistry with all of his co-stars.  (Especially Genie, on their little investigations).  

Ava     Maura West gives her all no matter what crap they send her way.  I enjoyed her scenes with Trina, and it's good to see Ava getting her backbone back.

Alexis and Neil are great together.

Genie   As always the heart of the show.

Child casting is great.  

THE IN BETWEEN

Lucas and Brad      An actual gay couple with a story  Unfortunately most of it was told with them off-screen.  (I won't get into Brad's Moobs. Other than to say if you have a love scene coming up, hit the gym!)

Chase/Wallow/Michael/Sasha     Josh Swickard (Chase) is enthusiastic and entertains; the bromance between Michael and Chase is good.  The inevitable set up of Wallow as Nina's child and her reliance on Michael while seeing Chase could lead to some interesting story.  Sasha has potential on her making amends tour.

Jax needs more to do than follow Nina around and making trouble for a teenage boy.

Maxie and Lulu:   Maxie should be running Crimson. She has been for years. The truth about Peter should propel Maxie toward Chet.  Lulu and the lyft driving teacher is dull as dishwater.   It's time to recast Dante or Dillon and drop PLP and overly involved teacher.

Bobbie's diabetes solely so she'd have a reason to pass out during Wiley's kidnapping was plot point writing.  Monica propping TFD the toad is nauseating. Bring AJ back again or another Q branch.  At least Ass-car is gone.  It is good to see Monica, though.  

Where are Ned and Olivia? Terry as Elizabeth's friend? She should be supporting Elizabeth, yet no character development, and only a couple of brief scenes together. If Budig is only around short-term, building up Terry for Liz to lean on should be a priority.  I know Wally Kurth returns to contract at DOOL, but does that mean we lose Ned?  I've read he'll do both, but it's been a long time since we saw Ned.  Olivia is protesting Jillian not returning her deposit off-screen through Alexis.  

The teens...    Dev and Joss work as "siblings".  Dev and Trina have chemistry.  Trina pursuing art is good.  Giving her story outside of the teens improves her chances of sticking around for a while.

Go ahead and hate, but Liesl cracks me up, and Kathleen Gati has done a great job showing Obrecht's vulnerability.

THE BAD

Anything ToddFrankenDrew; Julian; Kim; Finn; Wallow (never on now); Nina (bring CW back in a new role); Valentin; Valentin singing; Kendra; Kristina.

Nothing a good cast purge wouldn't fix.

Molly and TJ being MIA makes no sense. Especially on a show called General Hospital, where they aren't using a young man training to be a doctor.  Yet bimbo Kiki went from CNA to intern in a matter of weeks.

EDIT....   SAM'S STORY SUCKS, TOO.

Edited by slick jones

• Members

I'm hoping and praying for a cast purge. Getting rid of all the dead weight would help GH so much. As for this promo, it looked pretty good even though they're really piling it on that Disney owns ABC. Maybe this November sweeps will be memorable. My question is what's with the guy in the Eyes Wide Shut mask? It is really going to be Nikolas?

Edited by AbcNbc247