Y&R October 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'll be honest that the writing isn't doing Stafford any favours, however, I just don't think she has grown as an actress from her time away. You always know what to expect in her performance. Admittedly, the actors she's been getting paired with have done her no favours either.

• Members

I'd have to agree and I don't even have a problem with Stafford. With the way they wrote Phyllis this past year, they should've written the character off altogether around the time that Gina Tognoni was replaced. Perhaps give her a year's rest and bring her back in some shocking twist involving Jabot or something. Oh well. Instead we have her as the town pariah with nary a friend to confide in. 

• Members

So Stafford’s Phyllis sees a woman with the exact same face as her dead best friend and there’s zero reaction. 

I already had had my fears that Stanford wouldn’t have the same chemistry with Mishael as Gina did, but the writers didn’t even try to acknowledge the relationship between Hillary and Phyllis. Boooooo

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Phyllis, like half the cast, has been around way too long, with so much story baggage.

When Stafford left last time, Phyllis should have been written out and Gina could have been a new character, although new characters seem to flop repeatedly.

Apart from Summer, there is no reason for Phyllis to hang around GC. Summer could still be around without her mom - that's happened plenty of times before that characters family members are not around.

Interesting that Phyllis/Nick and Phyllis/Billy have been revisited but Phyllis/Jack seems out of bounds... wonder why when Jack seems aimless ATM.

• Members

thank you so much for posting this. very informative....with Peter saying "it was written in the stars" that Victor has to win every battle. loved how emotional he got when talking about his wife. and how he would like Jack to leave Y&R.

• Members

Yes, those scenes were great and heartfelt. I know people say that Braeden doesn't try as much, but he always hits scenes like this out of the park.

And call me crazy but Theo and Lola have some great chemistry! Much better than Kyle/Lola. Theo actually makes Lola tolerable

• Members

I am digging them more. just got back into Y&R for a bit.....I think Cane is masterminding this entire thing with Katherine's estate.

I honestly prefer Gina. I have given Michelle a chance, and I honestly believe it to be the writing, but she's all over the place, and the screaming again...GT could do understated SO much better than Michelle.

• Members

I think he’s a very genuine guy, but dude will cry at the drop of a hat. (And I know he got choked up about the passing of a dear friend, but PB clearly has a lot of emotion brimming under the surface. I suppose anyone who watches him as Jack can see that.)

It’s just sad what daytime has become and the tricks actors employ to do even passably interesting work. But it’s funny hearing the little snippet of Julianne Moore talking about trying to salvage the heavily expository dialogue even during an era we deem a golden age of soaps. 

• Members

I would love for Peter to write his biography, because I really believe he would let loose on what he has really gone through being on the show. 13 shows down to 4 because of bad writing, horrible stories, recycled stories, bad acting, and the networks no longer giving a darn.

• Members

Bergman doesn’t seem to be the type to me at all to spill the tea and gossip about what happened behind the scenes.

For one thing, it’d be career suicide to do it while he’s on the show. It’s irrelevant anyway — I don’t think he’s that guy.