• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just love Lane, always have, always will.

I did have trouble forgiving Jack for the rape. So many people just let it slide off their backs. When Jenn was like an up-and-coming tentpole character. Like NuAlice. And, Kayla was a favorite who didn't need trouble.

That was when so many people were naming their daughters Kayla.

• Members

I ran into the definition today:

iconoclastic
sound_icon.png
[ahy-kon-uh-klas-tik]
adjective
attacking or ignoring cherished beliefs and long-held traditions, etc., as being based on error, superstition, or lack of creativity: an iconoclastic architect whose buildings are like monumental sculptures.
breaking or destroying images, especially those set up for religious veneration.

And, I tell you it really really made me think of Hunt Block''s NuCraig!

Some of you mentioned John Wesley Shipp who maintains quite a Social Media presence. After daytime he was very good on SISTERS. But that's primetime, still soapy as all get out. And, now he's very good again on THE FLASH. Not a soap. Not daytime. Strictly action/adventure with drama.

• Members

A bunch of us used to follow Lane's Pilot Plus career. He'd get cast in shows that would go exactly 13 episodes, make money off that & have the exposure. Then, he'd spend his time doing regional theatre, especially Shakespeare in his native Georgia. He was from Dalton, GA. I lived in Dalton. Back then Dalton was "the carpet capital of the world". It is no longer.

Edited by Donna B
Selective content.

• Members

The way he tended to repeat his own stories. The first summer, Lily and Simon were stuck on an island. The next summer, it was Katie and Henry on the same island. (And I swear the summer after that, there was another "island" story...) Bringing back old characters with new personalities like Craig, Rosanna, Dusty (I'd add Brad, but that was Pissy). Writing every teen like an idiot. Giving stories that just weren't working a farce-like ending (Billy, Bonnie, Issac and Lisa (I think) spent like a month in Scotland in some bizarre excuse for a wrap up that included a dwarf and one of the Monkees, as I recall...) 

At the time, I remember there was a lot of bitching on various boards about Craig eating the f'in show. We counted---he was on 40 straight episodes at one point. 

• 2 weeks later...