• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wasn't talking about their personal relationship, @Toups.  I'm sure Sheffer was wonderful to a great many people in his life and career.  Most everyone who had worked under him has attested to that fact.

As a head writer and storyteller, however, his writing for Barbara was ABOMINABLE.  He literally took one of my all-time favorite characters in daytime and turned her into an irredeemable monster whom I wanted off ATWT like yesterday.

No, I think that was Passanante (although I could be wrong, and probably am).  Believe me, though, the damage had long been done by that point.

Exactly.

Again, as engaging as Sheffer was with everyone, the man simply had no business BEING in this business.

Thanks, @Franko.  I hadn't read your post yet when I answered Chit's.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Colleen Zenk was, alongside Nancy Lee Grahn, Lauren Koslow, HBS, Zimmer, and Susan Flannery, was one of the few actresses born before 1960 who got a platform in the aughts. It’s no wonder she feels eternally grateful for the showcase, even if she played a gargoyle.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Okay, just so there's an explanation for Crystal not being on a list! LOL

Give me a bit & I'll remember what it's important to tell about it. And, Hi, By the way. Long time no see.

I noticed in the clip where Hoagie was accepting the Emmy that when he thanked Goutman, Marcia McCabe was with him & gave him a big hug & kiss, so they had not split up yet at that time.

• Members

The umbrella storyline they were going to do was going to be much longer. I don't remember who was responsible for scrapping it & changing Rose's death so drastically. Could have been network interference, could have been Goutman, could have been HW. I think you can ferret out a whole bunch about it from this Usenet newsgroup link, RATSc etc.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs/ATWT$3A$20Lily$20$26$20Rose$20Scrapped$20Story|sort:date/rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs/xafFxREG0r8/v5RtjqOj0-YJ

• Administrator

Alright.  LOL  Yeah, I totally misinterpreted your post. My bad.

Please register in order to view this content

As for the writing of Barbara, maybe Colleen just enjoyed playing a darker role and that's why she loved him/the writing. 

• Members

Terry Lester @ 53, Richard Biggs @ 44, Ben Hendrickson @ 56, Tom O'Rourke @ 65, Jacqueline Courtney  @ 64, Anthony Herrerra @ 67, Claire Malis @ 69, Virginia Vestoff @ 43, Carolyn Sue Jones @ 53, Charita Bauer @ 63, Grayson Hall @ 63, Samuel D. Ratcliffe @ 50, Robert Shaw @ 51, Vince Williams @ 40, Nancy Addison @ 56, Doug Watson @ 68, Rebecca Schaeffer @ 22, Emily McLaughlin @ 63, Michael David Morrison @ 33, Doug Marland @ 59. THE END