LATEST RATINGS: July 29 - August 2, 2019

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

B&B is starting to catch up to Y&R in some areas. And surpassed them in the 18-49 women viewers category. It looks like a lot people are actually interested in the reveal/fallout of the baby switch storyline. I think they like the action/drama from that storyline. It's the only storyline really going on B&B right now but people are tuning in for it.

I feel bad for Days which I think is interesting right now. I am enjoying Days. I wish that soap had better ratings. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I stopped watching DAYS for a few months because of how boring the show became. I watched two episodes last week and saw it is still all about Sarah-Rex-Eric... nothing changed. I don't plan on picking up again until I know big changes have been made with the show.

Edited by dowwwe

• Members

With the re-consolidation of CBS with Viacom, there will certainly be layoffs and terminations as well as shifts in positions within the company. 

I'm kind of curious as to how this could affect CBS Daytime

I can't see the division remaining unchanged, especially with things on a definite downward slide.

• Members

Hi Angie!  More important, B&B and Y&R are only 288,000 apart in viewers.....

‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Makes Daytime TV Ratings History

The half-hour soap topped the all-important Women 25-54 demo among all daytime programming. That includes all soaps, game shows and talk shows.

The end of the Hope baby storyline is surely going to push the show over the top.

The Bold and the Beautiful airs weekdays on CBS.

...I'm surprised Bell didn't reveal the baby switch during July Sweeps month.  For all the show's faults, in this day and genre you need an umbrella story with a payoff, something I haven't seen in awhile.
Edited by clubkidjeff

• Members

Oops, I saw that the information about B&B topping that demo the following week was posted already. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by xtr
information posted already. :)

• Members

Look at those demo wins for B&B...it's probably bittersweet in a way since Brad is toppling his father's gem...but it's been driven so far into the ground by successive regimes for the past 15 years that I imagine he's quite pleased. 

The CBS/Viacom merger should see some changes in the executive structure. Hopefully they realize that, like fish, the rot starts at the head and it's McDaniel, along with Griffith, who need to go.

• Members

I don't know how anyone looks at B&B as a success.  Shows are having to tie their all time lows for B&B to be #1 in anything.  They might be #1 in some things but those 18-49 numbers are dreadful, #1 or not.  I tuned in briefly just to see the end of the baby story but there's nothing really to see.  Thomas just disappears?  huh?  And I saw Ridge defending him a little bit.  It was kind of a yawner.  Like someone else said in another post - I might have cared more if I liked Hope but I can't stand her.