LATEST RATINGS: July 29 - August 2, 2019

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And what better way to provide cover for any firings than to use the reunion between CBS and Viacom to claim "transitions" and "changes" within CBS/CBS Daytime.  I'll be watching to see if Angelica McD manages to keep her job, since she's been a part of this mess at CBS Daytime for several years now. 

• Members

Man, this is rough. For 3 full decades, Y&R has held the distinction of having viewership well above everyone else. Even in 2019, they could hold their heads higher, bringing in numbers that some of the now-defunct shows were getting in the mid-2000's. And say what you will about the sets, but I would take the Genoa City landscape ANY DAY over Salem's cramped, cardboard claustrophobia. 

• Members

Well, this was bound to happen.  You can't keep futzing around with a show like Y&R and expect to hold onto viewers forever.  Sooner or later, they were going to get tired of watching a series that they no longer recognize.

• Members

I'd keep Morina for a while, personally. I need to really see what problems, he causes, or if he's just guilty by association. I feel like he's probably not given much of a say but I don't really know that for a fact.

Griffith HAS to be fired. Period. Anyone miss Sally yet?

Please register in order to view this content

One of the problems is very few writers and producers actually want the job (and this goes for all the soaps). I heard that years ago and it seems to be true .... the really good writers know they're stifled ... I mean, we've constantly recycled hacks for DECADES now (and that's partly the networks fault for not caring about missteps and only wanting them because they have 'experience head writing' and it doesn't seem to matter the quality, unless the networks are deliberately trying to kill the soaps by recycling hacks ...)

AMC and OLTL online were great examples of what a lack of interference can do and it showed, because so many were JUMPING to work there.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

You mean the Sally that fixed Sharon who is devolving back into an Adam's d-worshipping tool?  

Not to mention  that Griffith's stories tanked and got him fired the last time.

No one was out there begging for MCE to return and eat the show. (Now she's infecting Hallmark movies this Christmas in a movie with block of wood, personality free Marc Blucas).

• Members

I think the sets have become gaudy and ugly on Y&R but I agree, I'd take them any day over the recycled blue office. I'm even tired of the Kiriakis and DiMera "mansions". 

Y&R is a hot mess and it's finally reached the point the other soaps have been at for years and years. You can't try to recapture 2013. 

Ah, she's made it to Hallmark? I'd say that's a good fit for her. Shame because I really loved her as nutty Annie on AMC. She's been dull as dishwater on Y&R. You know who probably begged for it? Morrow. Yet his stans keep insisting he isn't a "problem". Yet he refuses to truly acknowledge Sharon is his best pairing (Phyllis livened him up a bit but that was ultimately an AWFUL pairing, IMO and Nick has never recovered)

The Sharon [!@#$%^&*] I saw coming and knew it the second it was announced Adam was coming back (and well, Griffith too). Hard, HARD pass.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Morina's been putting his foot in his mouth as much as Griffith and talking about bringing a "classic" sensibility back to the show and all that trash that has never been proven to be true. He's not suitable to be an EP as much as Griffith should have never been allowed back after multiple failures. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Webmaster

For the first time ever, CBS’ “The Bold and the Beautiful” ranked number one in the all-important Women 25-54 demographic, beating all other daytime dramas, including perennial number one “The Young and the Restless,” talk shows and game shows on broadcast television. The soap also retained its number one ranking in Women 18-49 viewers for the second straight week. This marks the first time the soap has ranked number one in both demographics.

During the week of August 5, “B&B” ranked number one with a 0.9 rating in W25-54 with an average of 3.38 million total viewers tuning in. This was the show’s largest overall audience since the week of April 22-26, 2019. The soap was flat year-to-year in total viewers. In Women 18-49, “B&B” dominated with 334,000 viewers in the demo, beating its closest competitor by 20,000 viewers (334,000 for “B&B” compared to 314,000 for “Y&R”).

B&B” ranked number one in Women 18-49 for the first time in its 32+ year history during the week of July 29, 2019 through August 2, 2019, when it topped the chart with 327,000 viewers in the demo compared to “Y&R’s” 315,000. The two tied in demo ranking, however, with a 0.5 rating. In Women 25-54 rating, both soaps tied for #1 with a 0.8 rating (0.84 for “Y&R” and 0.83 for “B&B”).

The show’s ratings can be attributed to growing interest in the revelation that Steffy’s (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) adopted baby, Phoebe, is actually Hope’s (Annika Noelle) biological child, Beth, who she was led to believe had died while giving birth.

“The Bold and the Beautiful” premiered March 23, 1987, and was co-created by William J. Bell and Lee Phillip Bell. Bradley P. Bell is the head writer and executive producer.

For a complete breakdown of all daytime drama ratings (for the week of July 29, 2019), click here.

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2019/08/bb-number-one-w25-54-and-w18-49

• Members

B&B dominated 18-49.  LOLLLLLL.  Hysterical.  The "domination" is due to the fact that no one is watching any of the 4 remaining now.  Those demographics are horrendous and the only reason they overtook Y&R is because Y&R has to sink to all-time lows.  CBS could cancel both and I wouldn't care.  

What's that sound?  Michelle Stafford's butt hitting rock bottom.  I keep thinking of that article about them "luring" her back to Y&R with their idea of returning to "classic" Y&R and she suddenly believed in their vision.

How ya like that vision now?  The show has turned into a complete disaster.