Y&R and B&B August spoilers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

According to the day ahead recap on tomorrow's show, Michael will end up having Chloe arrested. Kevin will punch Michael in the face for betraying him.

And that's really like the only thing from tomorrow's show that sounds even a little interesting, lol. Arturo also appears tomorrow and spends some time with Rey/Celeste. He makes amends with Rey before he goes back to Miami. I didn't know that he would be on for another episode.

And according to someone from soapcentral who also did a recap next week's previews show Devon reading a letter to Elena in the penthouse. He reads that there were some discrepancies that recently came to light regarding Katherine's will. 

• Members

grief isn't a straight line, so Billy still grieving his daughters death - and the way she died - after all these years, even tho it appeared he was coping well, makes sense to me. What's dumb is the execution + how DID is just being used for soapy shock value. No thought or care was put into this story, so it's a lame payoff imo.

and I always thought it was dumb how Devon was made a billionaire overnight, and no GENUINE drama erupted from any of it. It was a missed opportunity to pursue some interesting power dynamics and story play, but what's done is done. But if they're gonna take his money away, at this point... that's utterly ridiculous and only continues to perpetuate the notion that Y&R PTB don't care about people of colour and this seems like an attack. Yikes.

Edited by dio

• Members

Here are some upcoming spoilers for next week from Lynda Hirsch's soap column:

Theo will try and make amends with Mariah by offering that they work together. She will cautiously take him up on his offer and the two will hit it off. But after parting ways it's clear that neither person trust the other one. Abby will be excited when Adam hands her over paperwork to the Grand Phoenix hotel and tells her that it's hers. She will be thrilled by this news and her and Nate will spend the night together. Elena will grow closer to Nate after she begins her residency at the hospital. But she will keep the details of her and Nate's new friendship a secret from Devon.

• Members

It sounds like they are basically giving the storyline they were going to give to Ana to Mariah. Mariah and Theo being hestiant to work together and then hitting it off. They could have done that with him and Ana, with some romance & a possible triangle with Summer as well. I'm not sure what they will end up fully doing with Theo/Mariah. But this sounds like something they could have done with him/Ana. It was a crock of crap that Tony/Josh claimed they couldn't think of what to write for Ana. I won't forget the way they treated her character/Loren the entire time they were in control. It was just wrong and blatant disrespect.

I'm not sure what exactly will happen with Devon and the Katharine's will. I believe whatever it is may help usher Chance back on the canvas. I'm not sure how much wealth he may lose regarding the will. Or if it's just a situation where there is a threat wealth will be taken away, but things end up working out for him in regards to the situation with the will.

I think that Nate/Elena have chemistry but I do think if they are going to eventually put Nate/Elena together, they need to write that in a solid way. Nate is a very sexy, and appealing man, but Elena does have a good man in Devon, who treats her very well. I wonder if they will end up having one of the reasons Elena is drawn to Nate because she may end up feeling like he has more in common with her. Plus, if they bring MM back that could help cause tension between Elena/Devon and push Elena closer to Nate. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

TPTB told Loren they wanted to spend their time and money on characters that they care about. It doesn't surprise me that one of those characters is Mariah and she'd get Ana's story. 

Elena has no reason to hide her friendship with Nate from Devon. None. Writers, as usual, showing their hand. I'm not sure how they plan to have Elena fall for Nate. That it's happening now prior to Mishael's return lets me know it'll have nothing to do with her character. I'm hoping that it has nothing to do with Devon possibly losing money cause Elena was never played as a golddigger. I'm at least interested in how that's going to play out. 

• Members

I am interested in seeing how they have Elena start to have romantic feelings for Nate as well. He's very appealing, but she does have a man in Devon that is good to her. I can see it from Nate's end, they have some things in common and Abby doesn't seem to want to invest into a relationship the way he does. I think that Abby not wanting to get serious could end up causing things to end between her and Nate. 

I had read recaps for Monday's episode that said that Nate offers to take Elena out for dinner. (To celebrate her first day at the hospital as a resident.) It sounded like she would take him up on that offer at some point. On Monday's show they don't have the dinner because he has to go back to work. But maybe a little later they have that dinner and she doesn't tell Devon about it. Maybe that is what she "hides" from Devon.  Maybe she will get closer to Nate at the dinner & she will continue to get closer to him. And try and downplay their growing closeness. Maybe this possible dinner is the start of that.

Also, I really am disgusted with the way that Josh/Tony did Ana/LL. They had a story right there for her with Theo (& Summer) but they got rid of her. And now Mariah is getting that story. I do wonder what ends up happening between Mariah/Theo. Right now I don't think it's going to be anything romantic, but I don't know for sure. Some people were saying that they saw chemistry between Mariah/Theo. And some Tessa/Mariah fans got upset about that. 

Up until this point the show hasn't really established a clear direction for Theo. He was fun loving & then he was trying to stir the pot with Kyle/Lola, then he wanted to help Phyllis, now he's working with Mariah.  He has  just mainly going around stirring the pot and racking up jobs. Though when he is shown working he is good at what he does. He's shown he's very competent when he was helping Phyllis plan for the opening of the hotel. I wonder if they decided to do this story with him going to Power, because now Abby/Chelsea will own the hotel. And he won't be working with Phyllis anymore. So they decided to give him something else to do professionally.  

Edited by xtr

• Members

When Elena was first cast as being in medicine, I figured she was for Nate. Seems like the show just used Devon to introduce her. That was smart IMO. Like you said though, Devon is really a great catch. How do they tell that story to make it make sense for her to fall for Nate? I can see them having a high pressure situation where they lose a young patient that can draw them together. Emotions running high. It could be good but writers will not show the details well enough for us to understand or feel it. 

That dinner offer is innocent now. She has no reason not to tell Devon 

I understand why Teriah fans hate when folks mention Mariah being with a man. They never thought the show was committed to Mariah being gay. Nobody thought it. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

I have a theory on what could happen with the Devon/Katharine's will storyline that could lead Elena closer to Nate. I think that Devon could try and fight hard whatever happens regarding the discrepancies in the will. And maybe this will actually turn off Elena, who might think he cares too much about wealth. Elena did give Devon a really hard time when he paid off her student loans, she was acting a bit like Lola there for a moment. Maybe that type of attitude will resurface should Devon really dig in and try and fight whatever will happen with Katharine's will. Maybe this will cause Elena to get even closer to Nate, who she may feel is more down to earth.

I've seen some people mention that Tucker is his father and he could go to him and get money if he loses wealth due to the stuff with the will. I'm not sure they will even mention Tucker in this story. Or maybe they will have Devon briefly mention Tucker but have him decide to go against asking him for money. And just decide to fight whatever is going on with the will.

I also wonder if this is just some type of "scare" that will be used to usher Chance back onto the canvas. It was reported by Rey not too long ago that Chance had gotten involved in some shady stuff including money laundering. This surprised Nick who mentioned that Chance had his own trust. Maybe something is going on with the will that might play into Chance doing shady/stuff. And this stuff with Devon will help usher him back on canvas.

And regarding Mariah, a lot of her fans don;'t want her to like men as well. They've never flat out said she was gay, and when Summer first came back last year, it was hinted that Mariah still liked men as well. Her fans get up in arms every time it's mentioned she might could be with a man. Even though her and Tessa IMO, have gotten a decent amount of storyline as a couple. They are going to be so upset if the show ever puts her with a man again. Though I do think she is stuck with Tessa for the time being,.

Maybe a long time, much like Kyle will probably be stuck with Lola for a long time. I could see both Tessa/Mariah and  Kyle/Lola (especially Kyle/Lola) being like Lane. Where they are together for a really long time. But they won't have things like infidelity plague them the way it did Lane. Nor will they have family members who aren't crazy about the pairings. Everyone in Kyle's family supports Kyle/Lola. And people in Mariah's family are fine with Mariah/Tessa. (In spite of the blackmailing stuff) I think these two pairings will be like Lane with less problems and less interesting stories. 

Edited by xtr