Y&R and B&B August spoilers

• Members

These storylines all sound so vapid. 

From the sounds of some of the spoilers, though, I do wonder if the writers will have Elena cheat on Devon with Nate and don't assume that this cannot happen...if they had Olivia cheat with her then ill best friend's husband, they could do this to any character.  As we all are by now aware, this show has a history of using AA characters to facilitate other people's stories.   I could see this benefiting MO way more than BJ as it will give Abby the opportunity to be the put upon lover left in the lurch with Devon playing the role of 'shoulder to cry on' foregoing his own emotional needs. 

In terms of Loren Lott, people are acting brand new if they didn't recognize the history of this show's use of black women characters as disposable as well as the actresses who portray them.  Hilary (MiM) being used to resuscitate any lackluster storyline or relationship (Lane) they could put her within spitting distance of has been well discussed on this board. Putting aside VR's situation, I mentioned Olivia earlier but even before them,  even during the great Bill Bell Sr. era, when the show went from strength to strength, consider the unceremonious way that the character of Amy Lewis (Stephanie E. Williams) exited the GC canvas.  The only major non AA actress who ever faced such slights would probably be Sharon Case, and at least Sharon has never been ignored as a character.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The only interesting thing in that promo was Chelsea confronting Chloe. God this show has wasted what could have been an interesting Adam & Chelsea return that now its just nonsensical. The rest of the show is vapid indeed. Devon losing his money? GMAFB!

As for B&B, that promo looked so pitiful. Where is Steffy in all of this, she hasn't even appeared once since handing Beth over to Hope. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Here are some more spoilers for B&B for next week from the Zap2it website:

Ridge and Brooke's marriage will hang in the balance after he accuses her of an unspeakable crime, and Liam will attempt to convince Hope that Thomas got himself in his current predicament. Ridge will express his disbelief towards Brooke's explanation and Thomas's actions. Shauna will come clean to Quinn and ask her friend to help get Flo out of prison. Ridge will become furious when he sees Liam scorn an unconscious Thomas. The Forresters, Spencers and Logans will struggle with whether or not Thomas will survive his injuries. Detective Sanchez will question Ridge and Brooke hard about Thomas's fall. 

Vincent Irizarry should also be be showing up soon. It looks like his character Dr. Jordan Armstrong may be Thomas's doctor, who will tend to him after his fall.

Edited by xtr

• Members

It could just be a scare with the will. Also could be a fake planted will story. It really could be anything. I can see the show deciding that Devon can't have back up money and taking it to give more stakes to HWG. Though, I think it being Neil's legacy is more than enough. It's been enough for Jack with jabot. 

I am not so sure about Mariah fans. Most of FB loves Mariah and they hated she was gay. Recall most her fans wanted her to have Hilary's entire life with Devon cause "Hilary didn't deserve it".  Mariah fans aren't necessarily Teriah fans. 

If Elena cheats on Devon with Nate, you'd be right that Abby will get the story while Devon is an afterthought. I can just see him now going to Nate and defending Abby's honor without ever mentioning Nate's betrayal of him. 

• Members

I could see them doing a quad with Devon/Elena/Nate/Abby. (And I have always liked Abby's chemistry with Devon). Elena has been asking Nate about Abby and has encouraged Nate to not pursue Abby as hard. I could see Abby eventually being moved out of their orbit though, MM come back. Maybe something will happen with Devon/Abby. Though maybe she will be removed from that orbit once or by the time that MM may come back.

I could see a situation where her and Nate just end things because they aren't on the same page in regards to the type of relationship they both want. Or maybe she will notice he has feelings for Elena and will end things. Maybe she will warn Devon and then be done with that group. If she does end up being removed from the group, I wonder who she may end up being paired with next. Maybe Rey. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Yeah. I can see all that. I can also see Abby being the one to notice Elena and Nate first. Maybe catch them in the act. Then they play the will she won't she tell Devon for a little while.  But I think dramatisdreamer is correct, it'll be told from Abby's POV despite folks seemingly being more invested in Devon's pairing with Elena than Abby and Nate 

• Members

According to the recap from soaps.com on tomorrow's show Billy will try and run down Adam. Adam will show up after Billy texted him to meet him on the road. Chloe will figure out that Billy is up to something. She will show up and push Adam out of the way. Billy will try and swerve to miss her.

• Members

yeah, I don't see it. None of the earmarks are there. I think if something was gonna happen it would have happened already and they're setting up for Sharon/Adam. I still think Phyllis is gonna sleep with Theo or something. They seem to be trying to wedge Phyllis in with the younger Abby/Summer set as opposed to being with Jack or Sharon and them, that why suddenly she has a vendetta against Abby. LOL 

• Members

The show wants Adam in some Bonnie and Clyde pairing. It's unfortunate being I've always seen him as someone who takes advantage of vulnerable women to use as pawns in his schemes.  I don't think it'll be Sharon or Phyllis. 

My theory, Adam will be paired with Mishael's character for her entrance story. It's explain why he's suddenly around Devon. 

It's so odd to me how they've brought MS back as Phyllis yet don't play any of the relationships her Phyllis had. Her being kept from Jack is Angelica McDaniel IMO. He's being saved for Celeste. But has she even been interacting with Micheal and Lauren. The show would usually trot them out to listen to her problems if nothing else. Why is she rivaling Abby? It seems off. Honestly, I think she's a stand in. Cause it just doesn't make sense. 

• Members

Yeah, that is what it looks like. I guess they dropped whatever plans they were going to do with Sharon and Adam. Barely anyone reacted to her sleeping with him. And she hasn't mentioned the proposal to hardly anyone outside of Mariah. 

I think he needs a love interest. Even though he's on a lot, I think his potential storyline is being limited because he's not in a real relationship with anybody. He just likes to interact with both Sharon/Chelsea while neither woman chooses to be with him. And they have Chelsea choosing Nick. I'm not sure who he may be paired with. Maybe they will eventually reunite him and Chelsea. I have liked their family scenes with Connor. I don't think he has much romantic chemistry with Phyllis. They might need to try and pair him with a younger woman, not sure who that will be. And He's related to Abby/Summer, which eliminates them.

I don't know what's going on with Phyllis. Her storyline doesn't have much of a direction to it. It doesn't look like she's headed for romance any time soon. Nor does she seem interested in being in a pairing with anyone. And she was running around asking for money. The Fall preview spoilers say she will get the last laugh with Chelsea/Abby regarding the hotel. So maybe she ends up getting control of the hotel, but that still isn't giving her a lot to do storyline wise. 

Edited by xtr