Oh no, ANOTHER Mass Shooting in the U.S. SMH

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

HIghland Park also has a large Jewish population. Not sure if that has any bearing. We will find out.

Robert Crimo III has been taken in custody. Not shocking there were signs on social media - he talked about schools and guns and was a high school dropout. All this on social media just in October.

I'm grateful for our Governor. Tammy Duckworth was with him at the press conference in Highland Park and she spoke. Dick Durbin as usual MIA.

• Members

He had a bunch of pro-Trump stuff on social media and his father is apparently a big gun nut too. It's too early to say anything along those lines (not that it is stopping those on the right from claiming he is "antifa"), but this is someone who could easily win a Presidential primary for the GOP today.

• Members

Highland Park isn't too far away from where I live, but I'm glad that the fire and police department responded as promptly as they did. It's still disheartening that there were casualties. I swear social media is becoming the root of all evil. After the Facebook whistleblower's testimony, I haven't been on Facebook once unless my mom sends me an instant message. But, I don't pay attention to what's going on with people and their egocentrism. Twitter is concerning too. I have nothing against social media per se, but it's just that when I'm hearing of these mass shootings, social media seems to be the underlining theme along with having access to guns.

Edited by Noel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Jury awards Sandy Hook families almost 1 billion dollars ($965 million) in compensation from Alex Jones!

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-verdict-alex-jones-sandy-hook-connecticut-defamation-trial-20221011-20221012-4kofka5dtvc4ddxsj5xofocy64-story.html

$965 million compensatory damages verdict, after 3 ½ weeks of gripping accounts of harassment from Jones and his followers, could increase in the coming days with the addition of punitive damages, which are awarded for particularly outrageous and willful conduct.

Edited by janea4old

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Coming on the heels of Transgender Day of Remembrance, the Respect for Marriage Act vote in the Senate, and the general climate of hate against lgbt people amplified by the GOP and the press, it's hard to not just see this as a first for another wave of attempts at shoving back into the closet - or into a coffin.