Oh no, ANOTHER Mass Shooting in the U.S. SMH

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In this case I'm relieved at the lack of faux-piousness. It inspires people to fight harder, and I do think the last few years have had more gains on the gun control front (even though I don't believe gun control will ever stop most of the worst attacks) than I thought possible in the last 20 years. 

• Members

This shouldn't be commonplace, but it has become that way. The only way to get some decent gun control into place is for non-voters to start voting. These polls of all adults always show more liberal numbers on issues, but polls of voters are less liberal. There is room to change business as usual, we just need to engage more people. This is literally a fight for our lives.

• Members

The sad fact of the matter is there is a distinct lack of will in the U.S., which will go to other countries halfway around the world, drop bombs in the name of anti-terror but doesn't recognize that these mostly white males are terrorizing the American public, who cannot go to an outdoor concert, a food festival, church, synagogue, temple, mosque (there have been two reports of mosques being set on fire), school or even to the mall without fearing for their lives. 

These guys are terrorists and the sooner the American public faces that fact, the closer we may get to a day where people don't have to fear being gunned down for doing the most everyday activities. Perhaps if it were American citizens Americans and the U.S. government might be a bit more meticulous and no so haphazard about how they drop bombs on people-- although the U.S. has been known to drop bombs on its own citizens (see: Philadelphia in the mid-1980s). 

The U.S. abhors having honest discussions on racism but if you mention the word "Terrorism" oh boy!  Perhaps the answer is to mention these guys as being terrorists. Full stop. Then watch how the process in how they are dealt with develops.

• Members

I would say that Bernie is f*cking clueless but I suspect that he knows precisely what he's doing. (Also, perhaps trying to signal the disaffected Trumpers that he hopes to pick up support from, maybe?)

Seems as if Bernie hopes the rest of us and the world are clueless to not figure out his game.