Oh no, ANOTHER Mass Shooting in the U.S. SMH

• Members

My heart definitely goes out to the victims and their family/friends of this attack and what they are going through. It is shameful that this keeps happening in America and at the very high rate that it does.

Dave Chappelle said it best when he mentioned how COVID19 was keeping murderous mass shooting scums at bay. It's a shame people have to trade starting to get COVID under control into going back to being fearful of being involved in a mass shooting. Sickening. Be careful everyone when you go out and in general, becuase the mass shooters are starting to come back out again.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember when Columbine happened how it was a shock to the country. The pictures of each child killed was on the front page of USA Today - I remember seeing this when I was traveling back from Calgary and was sitting in the Denver Airport. Those photos still stand out. Now the victims are not even considered or mentioned.  It's yet another example of how really horrible this county can be.

• Members

The solution is simple and yet so difficult to achieve. Remove guns from daily life. Ban weapons. Unfortunately, we are hamstrung by the Constitution. And if legislation were ever passed (passed!) making it more difficult to purchase and carry weapons, I honestly think there would be war out there. NRA-loving gunowners would go apesh*t and it would be states-wide January 6th all over again -- but with military-grade automatic weaponry. And one side would definitely by armed to the max while the other side... not so much. So the US is being held hostage, once again, to the potential threat of violence.

Edited by Cat

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Twitter is mostly down right now, so the tweets aren't likely to properly embed, but I read a few and they were heartbreaking - a number of the victims had only recently moved to the US. One woman was found dead still clutching her paycheck.

It's a chilling coincidence that this happened so soon after Faux News has been focused constantly on the "great replacement theory." 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...